Arc 1.14

They just got in here yet he's already showing irritability.

No wonder the original doesn't like spending his time in crowded places!

Bai An Cheng had to keep himself in check not to strangle some stranger as they made their way through this modern jungle in the city.

Tracy couldn't contain her excitement as she relentlessly pulls her son inside boutiques after another. They'd already entered five branded stores and have shopping bags in their hands, and they only arrived here just half an hour ago!

Madison just sighed secretly and lamented in his heart, 'Women and their shopping.' He kind of guesses now why Mason said he's busy right now and any men they pass have these resigned expressions on their faces.

He kind of wants to pity them but then he remembered that he's in the same situation so he pities himself instead.

Tracy seems to not notice her son's sufferings and just continued on shopping like it's the end of the world. She's akin to a person with their butt on fire; she couldn't just stay still for a minute! After buying from a branded store, she'll shop in the store next to it!

Madison is getting frustrated; he's also having headaches right now. Even when Bai An Cheng was still alive, he didn't remembered having this kind of experience. His younger female siblings didn't act this way nor do they have to tire themselves out 'shopping'. They just need their Terminals to order then viola; the items would be delivered onto their doorstep.

He let an hour pass before he complains with aching feet, that's the only thing that stopped Tracy on her shopping frenzy. She fuzzed to her son for a bit, asking on why his feet are hurting and such. Madison just wants more than ever to say that she's the reason why it's hurting in the first place!

But he reeled himself and just requested on resting for a while. Tracy conceded and passed their accumulated shopping bags to the bodyguards accompanying them. Madison actually forgot that they have them in the first place!

Now after that ordeal, the bodyguards are like mountains of shopping bags with legs as they painstakingly yet expressionlessly followed them to a cafe.

As Tracy came up to order for the two of them, Madison massages his temple while he waits in a booth in the corner. He can still see everything even in here so he's okay with the arrangement.

He groaned when his head is still aching, it's like someone started drilling holes in there. He doesn't know how it happened, but thought it's because of the irritation and tiredness; this body is not used to walking around for hours anyway.

Madison disregards the headaches and pretended he's not feeling it and waited for Tracy to come back with their orders. Just as the woman in question is about to come back nature calls for Madison so he excused himself.

"There's no bathroom inside the cafe, try using the one we passed by when we got here." Tracy said, looking worried at his slightly pale countenance.

"Are you okay, sweetie? Your feet still hurting?"

"I'm fine, mom, be right back."

"Be careful." She called at she stared at his back.

Madison went to the restroom situated at the corner, not many people walking around and it's eerily quiet. He momentarily stopped to observe the deserted restroom but he really needs to pee so he ignored the stillness of the place in order to do his business.

After answering nature's call, Madison turned to wash his hands but as he's washing, a presence suddenly appeared behind him. He turned just in time to see a burly man swings a fist towards his turned back.