- chapter one -

01 | Fragments Of Him

Jae woke up in the empty hotel room with an extremely painful headache from heavy drinking the previous night. She found her clothes all over the floor and the white blanket was in a mess. Squeezing her eyes shut, she placed her hand against the head, trying to lessen the ache and recall what had happened at the party last night.

All she could remember was kissing a boy whose face couldn't be seen due to the dim light and her drunken state. The only things she could recall about the boy were the words he spoke and that he happened to be an extremely good kisser.

Letting out a groan, she fell back onto the pillow and just decided to sleep in for a few more minutes before heading back home.

Jae returned back to her empty apartment and found her work area in a mess. She made a mental note to clean the place up later and went to freshen herself up with a nice cold shower.

While drying her hair, her phone rang which turned out to be from her friend.

"Hey, babe. What's up?"

"What do you mean what's up? We were supposed to meet at the cafe like 15 minutes ago. Don't tell me that you had forgotten about it?"

Jae gasped when realisation suddenly hit her. She let out a curse and apologised to Hyemi who was probably rolling her eyes at the moment because this was not the first time that had happened.

"Were you drinking last night?"

"Well, I went to a party."

"Okay, I'm coming over and you better tell me everything. I am hundred percent sure you did something stupid."

Just when Jae was about to retaliate, Hyemi hanged up on her.

"Gosh! She and her sharp mouth."

She placed her phone down and looked at the mirror to put on her lipstick when she remembered the kiss last night. She touched her lips and her heart raced as the feeling continued to linger. Just the thought of it sent a tingling feeling down her spine. She quickly shook the feeling off before she began to get more drawn into it.

"It's not like I will meet him again."