- chapter twenty -

20 | The Reunion

20 | The Reunion

Yoongi stared at the restaurant as he entered the place. He took in a deep breath and glanced back.

"Why are you hiding behind me?!"

Jae popped up from his shoulder and gave him a small grin.

"I'm not hiding. I'm just standing behind you."

"As if you can lie," Yoongi rolled his eyes and turned to face her. He poked her forehead. "Be on your best behaviour, miss."

"Yes, sir," Jae saluted him and Yoongi chuckled. He ruffled her hair and turned to walk away when Jae suddenly pulled his sleeve. "Where are you going?!"

"The ones who graduated earlier are meeting that side. You juniors are this side."

"What? Then, you are leaving me alone?" Jae whined.

"Stop being a baby and go socialise."

In the end, Jae had been siting with her friends and caught up with all the things she had missed. She tried to be on her best behaviour but soju was everywhere and it was rude to not accept the glasses that were poured by her friends. She was pretty sure she had drowned at least a bottle of soju.

Feeling exhausted from all the talking and drinking, Jae excused herself to get some fresh air outside. She let out a sigh of relief when she stepped out of the stuffy restaurant. Her eyes took a quick scan and she spotted a familiar person.

She didn't know what to do but she was already sitting down beside him at the side of the pavement. He turned to look at her and a smile appeared on his face.

"Hey, Jae."

"Hi, Jimin."

He really was back all this while and she didn't even realise it. She didn't need to ask why he was outside because she knew he was probably in the same situation as him.

"Since when were you back in Seoul?" she inquired. She knew he was but not specifically.

"Quite some time ago. We met at Taehyung's party."

"Yeah... not that I remember," Jae admitted with a sheepish chuckle.

"Of course. You were like totally wasted."

"Hey," she nudged him by the shoulder and the two of them bursted out laughing.

Silence fell but it was not awkward. Jae felt comfortable as she watched the stars blinked in the sky.

"How do you do that?" Jimin suddenly asked.

"Do what?" she looked at him blankly.

"Look so beautiful."

"What?" Jae blushed.

"You do. Even if you are like so drunk, you still managed to look like the most beautiful angel."

"Jimin, you are drunk."

He was but he was saying those just because he was drunk.

"Why did you choose him?"

Not liking the topic Jimin was bringing up, Jae planned to escape.

"Okay. You really are drunk. I'm going to leave."

Before Jae could even make a move, Jimin grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him, causing their lips to crash.