- chapter two -

02 | He Kisses, She Misses

"So, what exactly happened?"

At this moment, Jae looked at her friend who was slipping the coffee that she had brewed for her. Preparing herself for the next thing that was about to occur, she told Hyemi about what had happened the previous night.

"And that's all I know about the boy."

"That he is a good kisser?"

Jae nodded her head in disappointment as she ate the sandwich Hyemi bought for her. Her thoughts were all over the place. Even though she had been trying to ignore the particular episode of the party, it remained to be a big part of the memory.

"Do you know anyone there?" Hyemi asked, hitting the exact point of the conversation which Jae had totally forgotten. She took a quick glimpse at Hyemi as she hesitated to answer.

"The host?"

Noticing how Jae's voice wavered slightly, Hyemi raised her eyebrow.

"And who is the host?"

"My ex."

"Oh, your ex."

Hyemi paused as she quickly processed the words Jae had spoken and her look turned into a glare.

"Your freaking ex and you went to his goddamn party?! And there is a high possibility that the two of you made out and ended up on bed?!"

"Excuse me? I got invited and I don't say no to fun."

"Yeah but you say no to important things like attending a meeting with your potential client to buy your art and..," she paused and pointed at the work area, "clean up after your mess."

"Point taken but still, there's a low possibility that it's him. Also, it's just a one night stand and not like I kept thinking about that kiss. It's just a boy and I will forget about it in a few days and not end up staying up all night thinking about it and not having the mood to work on my arts."

"You can't get over it, can you?"

Jae let out a sigh.

"Yeah, I can't but I don't know who he is and the only person from the party that I know for now is my ex so..."

"So, what's your plan?"

Hyemi didn't know why but she kind of had a nervous feeling when Jae's face suddenly lit up as if she had a good plan which would probably turn out to be bad and Jae would end up brawling into her pillow for the next few days.

"I'm going to find out if it's him or not."