- chapter eleven -

11 | Artist's Fan

11 | Artist's Fan

Jae entered her apartment and placed her bag on the nearby counter. She turned to the person behind her with a smile.

"Make yourself comfortable, Mr. Kim."

"I do remember telling you to just call be Namjoon."

Namjoon is the director of a very famous hotel and loves to collect art. His favourite artist would obviously be Jae. Knowing his status, Jae did get nervous and formal on instinct but Namjoon had always made sure she felt comfortable around him.

"Sorry," Jae chuckled in between, "Namjoon. I'll change from these wet clothes and get you a cup of coffee."

Namjoon nodded his head and started touring her house. It was not that he had never been there before but he was always fascinated to find more art laying around her apartment.

Jae made sure to make it quick so that she didn't keep him waiting. She glanced at Namjoon who was busy admiring her works and decided to go to the kitchen first where she made a drink for the guest.

She placed the cup on the table before heading to Namjoon.

"Find something you like?"

"I always like whatever you paint," Namjoon replies which made Jae smile and feel slightly bashful. She could never get used to his compliments. He toured around the place and something caught his eyes. Jae noticed it too and quickly pulled a grey cloth over the canvas.

"That is not done," she told him.

"I see."

He didn't say anything and Jae was thankful for that.

The two settled in the living room and that was when Jae asked why Namjoon wanted to meet her.

"A friend of mine is interested in purchasing your art. Also, I renovated my hotel and there are several rooms that need your art to make them perfect."

Jae giggled, "I'll meet with him. As for you, which one do you want?"

Namjoon hummed, "Have you not been painting lately?"

"Is it that noticeable?"

"Well, you have been drinking so I predicted so."

Namjoon picked the black bag that he had brought along with him and placed it on the table. Jae took it and opened the bag.

"I bought these hangover medicine for you and also requested my chef to make a soup for you. I've been wanting to give you these but schedule was packed," Namjoon told her.

"How did you know I have been drinking?"

"Since we met at the party?"

"Oh... the party... What?!"

"Yup, the party. The one Kim Taehyung hosted."

Jae couldn't understand how in the world Taehyung knew about Namjoon but then again, it's Taehyung. Thoughts started to float around Jae and she shifted her feet.

"R-really? I don't remember seeing you there," Jae mumbled as her eyes started to look everywhere else besides Namjoon.

"Well, I understand that since the place was dim and you were pretty drunk."

"Y-yeah."

"Something wrong, Jae?"

"No, nothing's wrong."

"Then, are you free at the moment?"

Jae finally looked at him as she wondered why he suddenly asked that. She hummed, "I don't have anything to do. Why?"

"Oh, I was thinking of having a dinner date with you."

"D-dinner date?"

Namjoon's lips curved up into a smirk as he turned and leaned forward, making his face close to hers that his breath brushed against her cheeks. Jae was surprised by the sudden movement but she didn't flinch and her eyes couldn't help but look at his lips.

"It's such a waste to not have dinner with a pretty lady. You looked so beautiful at the party. Honestly, you always do but..," he fixed his eyes on hers when she looked up because he paused, "I just couldn't stop thinking of you."