- chapter seven -

07 | The Guest List

07 | The Guest List

It felt like time had stopped and breathing was the most difficult thing to do. The only thing that filled up Jae's ears was the pounding of her own heart as all other noises were cut off. Yoongi pulled back and looked at her in the eyes softly.

Her lips were still apart and she couldn't bring herself to think to say a word. To save her trouble, Yoongi spoke, "Did you get your answer?"

Jae blinked her eyes and nodded her head slowly.

"Yes- yes, I did."

Hyemi noticed how quiet Jae had been throughout the night after they had their drinks at the bar. It was unusual to see Jae not saying a word or drinking several glasses of alcoholic beverages.

"Well?" she asked, breaking the silence which caused Jae to hum in confusion. "How was it? Was it Yoongi?"

"He really is a good kisser. I have never felt this way before."

"So, it really is him?"

Jae let out a sigh and shook her head. A frown appeared on her face as the moon shone on her the side of her face.

"It's not. Like I said, I have never felt this way before. It didn't feel the same. Something is just missing."

"If it's not him, who else is there?"

Jae stopped in her tracks, making Hyemi to suddenly brake herself. She worriedly looked at Hyemi who suddenly took her phone out.

"I'll have to ask him for help."

"By him.., you don't mean him, right?"

The gleaming in Jae's eyes and the cheeky smile on her face just answered Hyemi's question which made her facepalm herself for even asking that dumb question.

"And why do you want the guest list?" Taehyung asked as he tried to find the file which contained the list of people who were invited to his party.

Jae sat on the couch comfortably with her legs crossed and eyes on the phone.

"I just need it," she replied without glancing at him.

Taehyung hummed and when he managed to find the folder, he looked at her.

"And what do I get in return?"

Jae placed her phone down and gave it a thought. "I guess I should do something in return. What do you want?"

"Complete the painting."

"Are you being serious?"

Taehyung chuckled as he sent the list to Jae. It didn't take a while for Jae's phone to lit up with notification telling her that she had received something.

"You know I have always been serious."

"Fine," Jae gave in as she stood up to leave. She obviously didn't forget to thank him for helping her and he didn't mind to give her a hand at all.

With that, Jae started going through the guest lists when she returned back to her apartment. She mentally cursed at Taehyung for inviting so many people and was pretty much in shock to find a couple of celebrities attending the party.

She was starting to get annoyed and was about to give up when she saw a familiar person. She stopped scrolling and stared at the picture as her mind went through a lot of things. Her eyes widened and her lips parted.

"I-it can't possibly be him.., right?"