- chapter thirteen -

13 | She never learns her lesson

Jae flung herself up on the bed and sat there with her eyes wide opened. She had no idea what had happened and it all felt like a dream but she was in a freaking hotel room again. She looked at herself and let out a sigh of relief when she was fully clothed.

She remembered the date and drinking with Namjoon until she was totally wasted. She did recall him kissing her and how her heart raced a several miles. However, she calmed down when the two parted.

She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed.

"It's not him and how do I face him now?"

Just then, the door was clicked open and Namjoon walked in.

"Face who?"

Jae yelped and turned to defence mode which made Namjoon laugh. He placed the food tray on the side table and sat on the couch.

"D-did i do anything weird?" Jae asked after thanking him for the breakfast he had brought for her. He wiped the utensils and passed it to her, gesturing her to eat.

He hummed to think. "Well, we kissed and then you told me I wasn't the one and like how you are searching for the person you met at the party."

Jae choked on her food and Namjoon hurriedly grabbed a glass of water for her.

"I-I what? A-anything else?"

"Not really. You passed out after that."

Jae felt like her head was about to explode. She wanted to just dig a hole and hide away forever.

"I seriously need to stop drinking."

"That is highly recommended," Namjoon teased and Jae couldn't really get mad or argue with that. However, Namjoon wasn't awkward and actually made Jae feel like nothing had happened. He was indeed a gentleman.

The two packed up after Jae had finished eating.

"You remember my friend who was interested in your art."

"Yes?"

"He was at the party as well. Maybe he's that kisser boy."

Jae blinked her eyes and she became flustered when she realised what Namjoon was trying to imply.

"I-it's not like I k-know him. He's your friend not mine."

"Oh right. You did tell me that the person knows you."

"What?!"

Namjoon laughed and Jae pouted. She knew she must had said nonsensical things as well and Namjoon didn't say those because he didn't want her to feel embarrassed.

"Jae, if you need help, I am always there for you. So, don't worry about anything. I'm not one to judge."

"Thank you but I think I should find him on my own."

"Anything you say, Jae."

Jae played with her fingers as she stood under her apartment. It was drizzling a bit so the artist's friend was picking her up to go to the meeting place. Namjoon had a meeting so he couldn't join.

She was sort of nervous because his friend did attend the party.

"It can't be someone I know, right?" Jae asked herself.

She saw a car coming and it pulled over in front of her. She guessed that it was Namjoon's friend and she rushed to get on the car.

He helped to lower the ac and Jae thanked him for doing so. She turned and the person smiled at her, making Jae blink twice for her brain to process that the person was indeed someone she knew.

"It's been quite some time, Jae."