- chapter twentyfive -

25 | Love is Him, Love is Her

This was one of the many times Jae wanted to kill Seokjin and the urge was massive this time. Seokjin literally carried her and locked her in the car as he went to her apartment. Took her eyes despite her retaliation and came back with the one and only canvas that made her break cold sweat.

"What are you doing what that?" Jae asked worriedly and Seokjin smirked.

"Making you give it to the rightful owner."

With a portrait in her hand, Jae nervously waited outside of Taehyung's office. Without even waiting for her to react, Seokjin had informed the secretary that she was coming up and she was pretty sure Taehyung had been notified. However, she still hesitated to enter the room to face the person himself.

In the end, Taehyung opened the door, not wanting to wait anymore and Jae's breath was taken away when their eyes met. She quickly averted her eyes and the trash can suddenly became so interesting.

"Will you come in now?" Taehyung asked, trying to distract her from the object of her interest.

"Right."

Jae placed the portrait on the table. Taehyung took the cover away slowly and his eyes sparkled. His lips curved into a smile as he admired a portrait of them.

"Beautiful work as always, Jae."

"You don't always have to compliment me, Taehyung. It's my work and I have to do my best."

"Always professional but you know how much I love your art."

"Yeah..."

It was awkward no matter how hard Jae pretended because she knew it was never okay for Taehyung.

"It's not hard to tell me how you really feel, Jae."

Jae hummed and looked at Taehyung as his lips moved. He seemed calm as always, never failing to make Jae feel comfortable in any situation.

"I want you to tell me how you really feel and if you really do not have feelings for me, I'll let you go."

All this time, Taehyung had held on. Even though Jae was the one who broke up with him without giving a proper reason, he still loved her the same.

"I'm not sure how I feel."

"So, I guess it's in between."

"Are you disappointed?"

"Nope. Why would I be? It's not like you hate me so this means I have a chance!"

"How can you be so optimistic? I broke up with you for no reason and I kept leaving you hanging."

"But it doesn't mean you dislike me, right? You are just confused with your own feelings and you are afraid to hold on to me but also afraid to let me go."

The words that Jae had kept deep down her heart were being voiced out by Taehyung. Obviously the other knew more about her than herself. The case had been closed ever since the two had set their eyes on each other. No matter how much Jae tried to deny, her feelings only grew bigger.

"Jae, it's alright if you don't want to keep me close but I don't want you to force yourself... to pretend like your heart doesn't feel anything."

Taehyung stood up just to walk over to Jae. He placed his hands on the sofa and leaned in until his nose touched Jae's. All he did was touch but it was enough to electrify her. Her heart was racing and everything was making Jae not think straight.

"I'll prove to you that I am not like your father and that I am a man who will never hurt the person he loves."

Jae rolled her eyes and wrapped her hands around his neck. She stared stared into those beautiful eyes of his.

"Gosh! You are driving me crazy," Jae groaned and pulled him even closer. "Shut up and kiss me."

A smirk appeared on the other's face.

"That's the Jae I know."