- chapter eighteen -

18 | The Cute Junior

Jae started at the student who was rushing towards her with a huge smile. He situated himself in front of her and waited for her to speak with his gleaming eyes. The little junior she knew had grown so big.

"Hey, Jungkook."

His lips stretched more when she finally called his name. He must had been worried by the possibility of her forgetting him.

"What brought you here?"

"Yoongi came to meet his lecturer and I tagged along. There's reunion later and we are heading there later. What about you?" Jae paused tried to recall as she scanned him. "Final year?"

"Yes! We just finished our last class which was just free session and I was in the midst of wrapping up my things."

"You painted this?" Jae pointed at the painting and Jungkook nodded his head.

He scratched the tip of his nose.

"I still need a lot of improvement."

"I think you are doing amazing. Honestly, this is the best painting I've ever seen and you know I don't compliment others unless it's really good."

Jungkook held his head low slightly as his ears turned red. Jae could clearly notice the huge grin on his face as he was flustered by her compliment. He played with his fingers and glanced at her through his bangs.

"Y-you know I was really happy to see you at the party."

The word, party, rang in her ears and she looked at him with her big round eyes.

"What party?"

"Oh, the one Taehyung held."

At that moment, there were too many things going through Jae's head.

"Hello?" Jungkook called for the third time and Jae finally snapped out of her bubble.

"Y-yeah."

"It was dark and you were drunk so it's possible that you wouldn't remember."

"R-right."

"But you see you told me that you would grant my wish if I managed to hold my own exhibition."

"Did you?"

"Yes, it's going to be held this weekend."

"Wow! I definitely have to grant you a wish and what is it?"

"A kiss."

"A what?!" Jae blurted out without thinking because that was the first thing that screamed inside her mind.

"I-it's alright if you don't want," Jungkook quickly added.

"N-no, it's fine. Where?"

"On the cheeks!" Jungkook answered. He was being quite jumpy. "A small peck is fine."

Jae couldn't help but laugh as she found the younger cute. She asked him to get closer and bend down a little so that she could give him his little kiss.

Just as she was about to press her lips against his cheeks, her phone rang and she ended up moving slightly. That action caused the little peck to end up on the lips.