- chapter twentythree -

23 | The Kiss

23 | The Kiss

Jae let out a sigh and gestured the other to enter. She walked straight to the kitchen as the other sat down. She didn't plan to ask what he wanted because she would end up giving him a glass of orange juice anyways.

"Taehyung, what brought you here?" she asked as she placed the glass down and stood opposite of him while leaning against the wall. He looked quite sober. After all, Taehyung never liked to drink so she wondered what had gotten into him.

"It was rude to deny offers," Taehyung glanced at her.

"I never asked that," she looked away.

The boy hummed and took a sip of the juice. He played with the glass as Jae waited for him to answer. She didn't need him to say it out loud to know but she still wanted to hear itwith her own ears.

"Is my portrait ready?"

"You know it was ready before we parted."

"Then, why didn't you give it to me?"

"I don't know..."

"Jae, I've heard from Seokjin that you were searching for someone from the party I hosted. Was that why you asked for the guest list?" he started shooting questions instead of answering.

He placed the glass down and stood up, heading towards her. His steps were slow and steady for a drunk person. His gaze never left hers as he got closer until he was trapping Jae.

She looked up to meet with his eyes. Those sad eyes that longed for her. She wondered if she had those same look on her face.

"Yes, I am searching for someone."

"Was that why you were kissing boys?"

"That is my business."

"Then, why didn't you kiss me?"

"I did..," Jae turned away, feeling flustered by the situation she was in. "At the office."

"No," Taehyung held her chin and gently tilted it so that she was facing him. A soft gasp left past her lips. "You placed your hand in between when we kissed. From Hyemi's side, it looked like you kissed me but we both know the truth."

Jae's eyes twitched. She never liked hearing people talk about her schemes. She felt annoyed.

"And what is it that you want to say?"

A smirk formed on the other's face which made Jae gulp down. His attractive looking face, the smell of his cologne and those longing eyes were making her dizzy and her heart to pound. She could hear his heart beating as loud as hers.

"I'll show you what a real kiss is."

With that, Taehyung leaned in to press his lips against hers.