- chapter nineteen -

19 | He was there since then

Jae and Jungkook immediately moved back after realising what had happened. They blankly stared at each other for good two minutes before turning away with red ears. Jae felt like she did something wrong to an underage when Jungkook was clearly an adult but she still felt that way because she had always seen the junior as a cute younger brother.

"Oh, there you are," Yoongi said as he entered the room and looked at the two. He raised his eyebrow. "Did I interrupt something?"

"No," Jae stood up and turned to Jungkook. "Don't worry about it. It's not your fault."

Jungkook nodded his head but still had his flushed face covered with his hands.

Jae smiled and ruffled his hair just so he knew that she really meant what she said. Only then, Jungkook looked at her with his big round eyes.

"I'll be going now," she told him and the younger nodded his head again.

"Umm, noona?"

"Yes, kook?"

He hesitated to speak and just shook his head.

"It's nothing. Take care of yourself."

"Thank you and seriously, congratulations."

With that, Jae and Yoongi left the campus.

"So?"

Jae gave Yoongi a confused look after hearing his question that was brought out of nowhere.

"Well, he was at the party and the two of you kissed so was it him?" he asked and Jae looked at him with her mouth wide opened. "I was just curious!" he defended.

"Fine fine. Not that I'm judging you or anything."

"Hey!" he nudged your arm lightly and the two of you laughed.

"But no it's not him," she finally answered as she looked up at the blue sky. She raised her hand up to block the sunlight from blinding her.

"Do you have an idea?"

She shrugged her shoulders and finally settled down in Yoongi's car after they arrived at the parking lot. Yoongi just hummed and drove off to the destination where the reunion was being held.

The traffic light turned red and Jae turned to look out through the window. A car stopped beside with the window reeled down. Jae was distracted with her own thoughts so when she looked at the person who was driving the other car. It took her brain a while to register who it was.

Her eyes widened and she slammed at the window which caused Yoongi to flinch and look at her, feeling concerned.

"What's wrong?"

The light turned green and the person drove off, without noticing Jae.

"Why is he back? Since when?!"

"Huh?" Yoongi asked but went back to focus on driving after the cars behind started behind impatient and started to press their horns.

Jae tucked her hair behind her ear and took her phone out. She quickly scanned through the guest list that Taehyung had given to her.

"Oh my god."