- chapter six -

06 | The Bartender

06 | The Bartender

Jae froze as the information flowed through. She parted her lips to speak but no words came out because her brain was only thinking about one thing; the boy from that night. Now, there was another person who was at that party with her and it was the bartender who was standing before her.

She tried to think of something fast and was about to take action when she felt a hand on your shoulder which gave off a very horrific vibe.

"Don't even think about it, Yang Jae-In," Hyemi mumbled into her ear which sent shivers down Jae's spine.

"Hyemi!" she shouted and brushed her hand off because goosebumps were growing on her arms. "Seriously, you didn't have to do that."

"You think I don't know what you are planning?" Hyemi asked as she pulled a stool for herself. She ordered a few drinks from Yoongi who just shrugged his shoulders and got right into making them. After serving them, he excused himself to serve another customer who was signalling for him.

Once he was busy with that, Hyemi turned to Jae and gave her a glare.

"Were you seriously going to just kiss anyone?"

"That's not my intention but I don't have a choice."

"Yoongi is your friend. This could ruin the relationship."

Jae let out a sigh and nodded in agreement. The two watched Yoongi come back to their side and the boy gave them the most judging look.

"Just say what you want," he demanded as he took their glasses to refill.

"Well," Jae started and exchanged looks with Hyemi who was extremely worried about what she was about to say next. Jae gave her a look to tell her that she got this and faced Yoongi who was waiting for her to continue. "Can we kiss?"

Hyemi mentally facepalmed herself and Yoongi just rolled his eyes.

"What is this about? Are you guys doing a dare or something?"

"It's not like that," Hyemi sighed and Jae gave him a sheepish smile.

"Care to explain further so that the situation makes sense?"

"I'm trying to figure out something," Jae explained.

"I have a feeling that you don't plan on giving up until you get what you want."

"So, is that a yes?" Jae asked with anticipation.

Instead of saying another word, Yoongi leaned in and placed his fingers under Jae's chin to tilt her face up so that he could place his lips on hers.