- chapter eight -

08 | Feeling Uneasy

08 | Feeling Uneasy

Jae had never felt this nervous before. She was just meeting her best friend but it was the most nerve wrecking thing she would be doing for the day. Ever since she had seen a particular person who had possibly attended the party, she had been nothing but restless. Art was thrown aside. Honestly, what even is art to Jae now? She had been doing nothing but trying to find that stranger with good lips.

Currently, she sat with her screen filled with that picture of a handsome man with extremely cute dimples and bright smile that outshone everything that settled before her eyes. She really hoped it was not him because she didn't want to end up in hell just yet.

Just as she was praying, the Satan- Hyemi entered and sat down. She drank the tea that Jae ordered for her.

"You know I am employed as a freaking graphic designer at an actual company. I get paid monthly so you can't just call me anytime you want. This better be something serious."

Jae gulped down and chuckled nervously.

"You see... I went to Taehyung and-"

"You seriously went to him?!"

"C-calm down. I went there to get the guest list," Jae quickly added.

"Oh, babe! You are smart for once!"

"That is very insulting but I'll let it slide this time. You see I had been going through the list for very long and like there are many people who I don't know. But like I found this one dude that I really know and I-"

"Yang Jae-In, what is it that you want to say?"

"Don't get angry, okay?"

Hyemi raised her eyebrow and Jae gave her a small smile.

"Okay, fine," she sighed which made Jae feel relieved.

"The thing is that both of us know that person."

"Isn't that a good thing? Why would I be angry?"

"It's your boyfriend."

"Jung Hoseok!" Hyemi screamed like a mad woman when she stepped into the dance studio and the music stopped immediately with the heads turned to the doorway where Jae and Hyemi stood.

Jae hid behind Hyemi worriedly and was pretty much embarrassed by the raging Hyemi. The person who stood at the front, turned to face the rest and told them to take a short break as he headed to the two.

"Darling, what's wrong?"

"Don't darling me. We need to talk."

The three went to Hoseok's room and the idol nudged at Jae along the way, trying to ask her what was the matter and Jae just apologised to him as she didn't know how to explain the situation.

Once they made it to his room, Hyemi folded her hands and looked at the two.

"You," she pointed at Hoseok and then at Jae, "Kiss her."