- chapter three -

03 | The Host

03 | The Host

Jae walked through the glass door and headed straight to the reception where a lady in her early thirties sat in a professional manner. Hyemi was following behind Jae as closely as possible to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid. Jae noticed how the lady scanned through her outfit and gave a judging look.

"How may I help you?" she spoke with a questioning look.

"I'm here to meet your boss."

"Have you booked for a meeting?"

"Not really."

"Then, I'm sorry but you can't meet him. Mr. Kim is not someone you can just meet because you want to."

Noticing the tone of her voice, Jae folded her arms and raised her eyebrow.

"Are you trying to say something?"

Hyemi pulled Jae's sleeve, trying to tell her that they should leave. However, Jae did not plan on doing so without hearing what the receptionist wishes to say.

"I am saying that Mr. Kim doesn't have time for women like you. Please consider your own status and his. You should be able to tell how wide the gap is."

"I see," Jae smiled as she fished her phone out and started calling a certain person. "He doesn't have time for someone like me who is poor."

Once the person picked up, Jae took in a deep breath.

"How do you train your employees?! Are they going to speak like this to every poor person on this planet?! You better come down this instant or I will never talk to you again!"

Before the person could even react, she hanged up and looked at the receptionist who was shocked by her sudden change in behaviour. Jae smiled sweetly at her and it didn't take another second for the person who had been on the phone with Jae to arrive at the lobby.

"What happened?"

The receptionist immediately stood up and bowed at the man who still looked absolutely gorgeous even though he was sweating and completely out of breath after running down seventy floors because the lift would take longer than a minute.

"Am I a woman who cannot see an important person like you whenever I want?"

"Of course not, lo- I mean Jae. You can see me whenever you want. I should be the one making time for such well-known artist."

"It better be that way, Kim Taehyung."

After the long apology from the receptionist, Jae and Hyemi sat in Taehyung's office. Taehyung was asking what drinks they want when Jae held her hand up to stop him from doing anything unnecessary.

The latter settled down on the seat before then and crossed his legs.

"So, what is it that you need?"

Jae let out a sigh and stood up, walking over to his side. Hyemi was watching her every move with a very bad feeling but she didn't say anything because she was unsure of what Jae was planning.

However, Hyemi immediately regretted not taking actions because her friend, Jae, pulled her ex's collar and pressed her lips against his.