Chapter 16: The Kiss

Song: Amused - HUNGER

Hope's POV:

I leaned in and I kissed him.

I didn't know why I did it but I just did it, it was as if all of my thoughts and sanity had just been flung out the window.

I guess it was just the way he was leaning in so close to me, the way his hand was wrapped around the back of my neck and the way his breath was fanning over my face. My hormones had kicked in and over took my every sense that held my body.

So, I wrapped my arms around my neck and I went in for it.

I fucking kissed him.

For a moment we just stood there like that, our lips upon each other's as we gently kissed back and forth. Nothing spectacular yet everything and anything I could ever have wanted.

Fireworks were going off in my stomach as I felt Chance gently slide his fingers into the roots of my hair.

Soon enough we both pulled apart, my eyes wide as his eyes were sparkling with something. Realisation had just hit me and I gasped, pushing my hands against his chest. I forced him away from me as I ran across the kitchen.

I pressed myself against the direct countertop opposite to the one he was now leaning against while breathing heavily, his eyes downcast.

"I-I'm so sorry, Chance. What I did was highly inappropriate and something that should never have been done. Well-uh at least so soon. I hope you aren't mad or embarrassed." My words began to get choppier as I fumbled over in utter embarrassment.

I noticed the stove was still on so I quickly turned it off, soon aiming my attention right back at the ruggish man before me.

"I was just in the moment and we were so close and ugh! Please don't hate me." I whispered out the final few words. It was my turn to lower my head and sigh out in frustration.

Fucking hormones! You've probably fucked up this entire relationship. Now it's going to be awkward and Chance won't ever want to see you again-

My thoughts were cut off when I heard a loud creak and my head snapped up, looking directly in the eyes of Chance's. His hands gripped the counter top so harshly that it had appeared it may break off and I gasped out in shock as I watched his eyes visibly darken, his arm muscles were bulging.

My stomach was churning with excitement.

We both stared at each other in silence for a good 10 seconds. The only sound coming from the room was Chance's heavy breathing and the sizzling of the bacon from the still hot pan.

Then all of a sudden Chance had launched at me once again.

I was about to squeal but he shut me up when his mouth dove on top of mine in a harsh smack. My eyes widened in shock as what was happening hadn't truly kicked in just yet.

It was only until now that I was realising what was actually happening.

I closed my eyes and kissed Chance back, wrapping my arms around his neck as I angled my head slightly. Chance kissed me with so much force and passion that I thought I may just be shot down dead.

This kiss wasn't like the one we just shared, that was soft and gentle. This one was now rougher and crazed.

Chance pulled away from me causing disappointment to sink inside the realms of my stomach. I couldn't help but frown as he turned away from me.

I watched in confusion as he marched back over towards the kitchen island. For a moment he stood there silently as if calculating something in his brain.