Chapter 35: Breaking Out Of Rooms and Hospital Trips

Song: when the party's over - Billie Eilish

Don't forget to vote xx

Hope's POV:

My eyes fluttered open, the bright light stinging them while doing so. A low groan erupted from the back of my throat. I looked around my surroundings, attempting to lick my dry lips. I soon stopped when I realized how thirsty I was.

I had no moisture.

As I began to assess my surroundings, I found myself in a white, clean room. There was two brown chairs pressed against the wall and a plant beside the end one, that being the only bit of contrast.

The rest of the room was so... white.

"Ah, Miss Fey you're finally awake." I jumped at the sudden noise, whipping my head to the side to find a tall, dark haired man standing the now open door way. He had dark, thick framed glasses that sat on his slender nose.

In one hand he had a note pad pressed against his chest, while in the other he held a white phone. My eyes soon averted up to his cleanly shaven face.

"Where am I?" I asked, but it came out more of a croak. I groaned, my throat was burning.

I really need water.

"Here." He began as if reading my mind, walking over and pulling something from beneath a large carry table. "You might like some water." He murmured, pouring me a glass.

Within an instant I had taken it from him and gulped the whole thing down within just a few seconds. The ache in my body from reaching over definitely didn't go unnoticed.

"I'm Dr Jacobs, I was wondering if I could speak to you about what occurred last night?" He asked, watching me groan and send him a curious and strange look.

"Are you still in any kind of pain, Miss Fey?" He asked, ignoring the look I had given him as he began taking the cup away from me and pouring me another glass of water.

I took it once again, but this time I only sipped it.

"Yes. My entire body hurts." I paused to take another sip.

"Why am I, here?" I asked, his face softening.

"So you really don't remember anything? They must've given you Narcotic painkillers or something of that kind. We'll still need to swab your tongue." Once that sentence left his mouth, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I don't mean to be rude, but what the hell are you talking about?" I asked, trying to sit up. I winced the entire time.

"Do you recall any men by the name of Robin Walker, Liam Gladstone or Mason Jones?" I stared up at him, my face showing confusion.

He sighed, taking the pen I hadn't noticed from behind his ear and scribbling something down onto his notepad.

"Do you recall going to a party?" He asked.

And it suddenly hit me.

As if my brain had an epiphany, everything came rushing back. As if it had smashed me right in the face. The dancing, the kissing, the love and then the attack.

My cheeks burnt red when I remembered Chance in between my legs.

CHANCE.

"Where's Chance!?" I cried, desperation in my voice as I remembered him laying on the ground, being absolutely pummeled as I was being sexually assaulted.

"Ma'am, please calm down." He spoke, attempting to grab a hold of my arm. I cried, ripping my arm away from his grasp. This caused the glass to go flying and smash onto the ground.