Chapter 29: Drunken Voicemails and Late Night Thoughts

Song: Blame - Skylar Stecker

Chance's POV:

It was about 1:30am when Hope and I got back to the hotel. Tomorrow - or should I say today at around 12:30pm was when our plane would be leaving and we'd go back to LA together.

I had gotten out of my suit and now sat on the edge of the bed in just a pair of boxers, rubbing my tired eyes as I fished out the rest of my clothes from the drawers and placed them into the suitcase at my feet.

Hope had already finished packing and was now in the bathroom taking a shower.

Our outfits for tomorrow were already placed on the table opposite to the bed we shared.

I groaned, slowly rolling over and onto my back. A blissful sigh escaped my lips as I felt the cool sheets touch my bare back.

My mind began to flutter back to what had happened just over an hour ago.

Hope kissing me.

She kissed me.

Whatever battle she was fighting inside her head, she put aside and went all in. I'm so thankful she did, because now at least I had something to work with.

I just hoped that she didn't shut down and bury herself away from me again.

Yet, if she did I would still stay right next to her and wait. I'd wait for however long I needed to.

I've never felt this way about a girl before, even when I was with Olivia.

My phone buzzed and I reached over to grab it the black screen flashed which indicated to me that someone had sent me a voice message from messenger.

My eyebrows furrowed as I unlocked the black screen and went into the contact that looked extremely familiar.

As soon as I read the name of the person, I grunted, shaking my head in annoyance and disbelief.

Eli, the shit head, must've gone into my phone and changed his contact to 'yogurt guy'. I couldn't help the dry chuckle to fall from my mouth as I played the voice message.

I made the mistake of pressing it next to my ear.

"HI CHANCE!" Eli screamed/half ear raped into the microphone. I quickly pulled the phone away, wincing in anger and annoyance.

"Yoooo, so like, hows everything going?" After that question he paused for a moment, his words slurred ever so slightly.

"Helloooo? I asked you a question, why aren't you responding to me?" He whined, his voice all muffled as his breathing into the mic made it hard to make out what his words were.

"You know it's rude to not speak to someone after they CA-LEARLY ask you a question! You know what? I will not stand for this kind of disrespectful behaviour. I'm going to tell on you—oh Wait, why is there no ringing button thingy? Chance I think I pressed something el-." The voice message soon cut out as I snickered.

That shit head was clearly off his head. The best part was that he usually never drinks which indicates that he's pretty light weight, clearly.

Suddenly, my phone beeped but this time it was a voicemail from Nick.

I clicked on it, being careful to not be ear raped once more.

"Hey Chance, just wanted to say thanks for a really awesome night. We all loved having Hope's company, she seems like a good girl. Keep her tight and Sage wants to have a girls day out with her soon so just talk to her about that yea? Also Eli is drunk off of his face!" The sound of Eli screaming in the background could be heard to confirm Nick's last statement.