Chapter 59: The Deal Is Done

Song: Tommy's Song - Gray Scale

Don't forget to leave a vote xx

Chance's POV:

CAUTION! This chapter may contain scenes that some persons find disturbing. Viewers discretion is advised.

It was nearly time for the races.

Everyone stood at the low gates, peering out along the large field like track. Dirt, stone, you name it covered the waste land.

Hope seemed excited as both her and Sage buzzed together, talking and giggling. Toby stood next to her, their arms linked as he was deep in conversation with Nieta and Wesley.

Nick, being who he was, was protecting Sage and making sure the baby wasn't too close to the gate as and I quote;

'he didn't want any waves of heavy wind to hit her stomach and hurt the baby'

Honestly, if he's this bad already and the child isn't even born, I can't imagine what he's going to be like when the baby is born.

He's going to baby proof the whole world.

"Hey Chance, can I tell you something." Eli whispered suddenly, pulling at my shirt.

I turned my head away from watching Hope to soon now peer down at Eli.

That was when I noticed, he looked nervous.

Really, really nervous, almost as if he was scared.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked, confused as I watched a trickle of sweat roll down the side of his face.

"I-I just can't hide it any longer. I really need to talk to you." He stuttered out, instantly causing my heart to race.

I looked back at Hope. She was safe, standing with the large group of friends. I grunted and whipped my head to the side to see a frantic looking Eli.

"Alright, we'll go somewhere quiet." I spoke out gruffly.

Tugging him along with me by his arm. He let out a cry and was dragged alongside me.

I searched for a quiet place and once finally found one near a bunch of old looking tyre's, I pulled Eli around and stood before his shaking form.

"Speak." I growled.

"I LIED!" He cried, yelling loudly as he broke down into tears.

"What?" I asked, confused more than ever as he sobbed.

"I lied about... about the money I owed." My heart stopped.

"I don't have enough. Today was my last chance to get it. I placed all my bets on this certain car. If I don't win I won't have enough money to pay back Simone and Glenn." He whimpered, shaking as I looked upon him.

"Are you joking!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry! I was too scared to tell you all the truth." He wailed, running a hand through his tousled hair.

"Fuck! Elijah! Why didn't you tell me before hand. I would've given you money!" I roared and he convulsed.

"I-I'm sorry." He whimpered.

"What car." I but in.

"Huh?" He sniffled.

"What. Car." I growled.

His eyes widening as he understood instantly.

"The black Camaro."

"Fuck, you better pray that car wins. I've seen what it's up against... but then again it is powerful and seems to have a hell a lot of horse power." I grumbled, biting my lip as panic coursed through my veins.