Chapter 18: Iced Coffee

Song: Begging - Dua Lipa

Hope's POV:

"He invited me to go to New York with him because his parents had a spare plane ticket! I said I would go, but I don't know Rach, I'm mildly freaking out." I rambled, holding my water bottle up and taking a quick swig from it.

Currently, Rachel and I were out on our weekly jog around the block. Rachel goes more than once a week but since I always have to work I only really get the weekends to do it.

Although I have missed it a few weeks in a row because I've been with Chance.

"What's the problem though? He seems like a good guy, plus it's New York! I've been wanting to go for ages." She sighed dreamily at the thought of the city, grabbing the water bottle off of me and taking her own sip.

"It's not that though, it's the fact that I will meet his parents! That a huge step! I don't want to be introduced to his parents and then a week later he has to explain that I 'freaked out' and fled for his and my own good." I sighed, wiping some sweat that had begun to form across my forehead.

"Well don't be such a bitch and do that, the guy clearly likes you from what you've told us all. Try and relax and go with the flow." She spoke, shrugging as we neared the corner where the coffee shop was.

"That's easy for you to say, you've had your guy for 3 years. I've known Chance for like 3 weeks."

"Don't bring my man and I into this." She quipped, soon adding;

"Starting fast? I like that." Rachel finished with a cheeky wink which caused me to stick my tongue out at her.

"I mean, to be fair my parents knew each other for a month and decided to get married." She chuckled, taking another sip from the water bottle as she adjusted the phone in her tights pocket.

"Yea, but your parents were a match made in heaven. They were meant to be, I strive to be just like them." I spoke, thinking about how happy Rachel's parents were together.

I've always envied people like that.

"Well, now's your chance." She spoke, sending me a sparkling smile.

"And we're here, let's get an iced coffee and head back to your place or we can just chill there." She said, opening the coffee shop's glass door and stepping aside.

I smiled and walked in as she walked in behind me, closing the door carefully.

"Alright, you paid last week so I'll pay this week. What do you want?" Rachel asked, reading the list and searching through the variety of coffees and drinks that was on it.

"Just a water," I spoke.

Rachel sent me a confused look as she cocked her eyebrow.

"You never get water, plus we already have water." She said, holding up the water bottle and shaking it around slightly.

A girl had come up to the cash register and smiled at us, waiting patiently to take our orders, her eyes on Rachel for a longer moment.

"I know, I just have a lot on my mind, ya know?" I said, tilting my head as I watched Rachel send me a 'really look'.

"Hi!" Rachel said to the lady, totally ignoring me as I scoffed slightly.

"Can I get two large iced coffee's with cream and chocolate sauce on top," Rachel smirked at me as I let out an annoyed breath at her for disregarding me.

"Will, that is all?" The girl asked, jotting the orders down onto the notepad and peering back up at Rachel.

"Actually-."