Chapter 32: Getting Ready For The Night Of Our Nightmares

Song: Good As Hell - Lizzo

Leave a vote xx

Hope's POV:

(4 hours before the party)

"Hmm? Going to a party with lover boy you say?" Toby began, a sly smirk on his face as I looked at him over Skype.

"Yea, yea. Can I ask you guys a massive favor?" I started cautiously, seeing them all nod.

"I need you guys to come over and do my makeup and hair ASAP. The party starts in a few hours or so and I wanna be looking fresh." I said confidently, yet I couldn't help the blush that began forming over my face.

"I would love to come over but I need to be on my shift in about 30 minutes. We're having a litter of puppies come in and I have to get posters up in order to sell them off." Amanda spoke, she was already in the process of putting her now, platinum hair up that Toby had dyed for her.

"Ooh! What kind?" Rachel asked excitedly.

"What do you mean what kind? It shouldn't matter since every puppy is cute!" Toby interjected rather sassily, a twitch to his lips.

He loved getting under Rachel's skin.

Rachel just glared at him through the screen.

"They're Dalmatians so they're quite big already." Amanda replied, a smile on her face.

"Better hope Cruella doesn't snatch them up." Toby commented.

An eruption of giggles passed all four of us at his stupid little joke.

"Yea I'll protect them from that creepy Dalmatian 'impersonator'." Amanda rolled her eyes.

"Alright, back on topic. Can you two come on over?" I asked, biting my lip as Rachel and Toby smiled and nodded quickly.

"We'll be over in 10!"

Harsh knocking was heard on my front door and I already knew who would be there. I checked the clock and noticed they literally took 10 minutes to get here.

"On the dot." I mumbled to myself.

I made my way to the front door, opening it to be met with two of my best friends.

They held a few different bags that no doubtingly held makeup and hair equipment.

The two of them stood in the door way, looking strange since someone was missing.

Amanda's presence hadn't gone unnoticed.

"Come on in." I said cheerily, loving the thought of being all glammed up once again. The last time I was, was when I was going out for the first time with Chance.

My stomach did a flip in excitement.

"Ok, take us to your room!" Toby ordered rather professionally.

I giggled, turning and skipping off to my room. Rachel and Toby followed suit closely behind me.

"Alright, sit down in front of your mirror. We'll set up our things. Rachel, turn the lights on please, darling." Toby spoke, turning his back to me as o sat down.

Rachel followed as instructed with a grunt.

"Here." Toby began, handing me his phone. "Connect my phone up to your speakers and chuck on my 'Bitch, I'm Fabulous' playlist."

I laughed, doing as I was told and putting on his music. I hit shuffle, instantly hearing Toby squeaking in delight.

"Oh yes! One of my favorite and most confidence boosting songs to listen to! It's always a must when I'm cutting people's hair." He said, shaking his hips as both Rachel and I laughed at him.