Chapter 17: Phone Calls

Song: Confidence - Ocean Alley

Chance's POV:

It had been 3 days since I had seen Hope.

I kept true to my word and called her every night to make sure she was alright and without a doubt she sounded perfectly fine. I made sure to pay close to her voice in order to detect any wavers or choppiness but in the end, I found nothing.

She genuinely sounded fine.

I also went back to my own place, no longer staying with Wesley or Eli. Eli cried and wailed for me to stay because he enjoyed being able to watch AHS with him since Wesley hated the show and refused to watch it with him.

Eli always complained that he got too scared which would result in him attempting to sleep with me on the couch or in Wesley's bed.

Wesley's always complained that Eli needs to find a girlfriend.

So, we compromised and now Eli is coming around tonight so we can watch the new season together. I had no doubt he would want to stay over too.

It was roughly around 6 and Eli was coming over around 6:30.

I was currently in my kitchen reheating the cold KFC I had from last night. Eli was bringing over his own dinner and a few snacks so I supplied the drinks which was just Pepsi and water.

Eli didn't like drinking alcohol.

Suddenly, the voice of Brendon Urie was blaring throughout my home.

"Hope?" I said out loud to no one in particular, quickly darting out of my kitchen and into the living room.

My phone was sitting upside down on the edge of the coffee table. I reached down and grabbed it, flipping it over in excitement.

My stomach sank as my eyes widened.

Mom.

"No fucking way." I growled, staring down at the phone in my hands as I shook with anger.

What the fuck does she want now?

After I just stood in my living room, staring at the object in my hands the phone call finally ended on its own terms and I was staring at a black screen saver.

"Pathetic-."

My phone buzzed showing that my father had texted me abruptly.

Dad: Answer the phone to your mother right now

I let out an angry growl as I swiped up, the Face ID working as I quickly went into my contacts. I clicked onto the recents and stared at the name that was shining on my screen.

I held my breath as I pressed 'mom', soon placing the phone against my ears as I walked around the table to take a seat on my couch.

Within one ringing sound, the phone slightly cut out and a voice rang through my ears.

"Hi Chance."

I shut my eyes tightly, clenching my jaw as my stomach was churning madly.

Should you feel this away about talking to your parents?

"Hi Mom." I forced myself to grit out through my teeth. My fingers were digging into the couch so hard I thought I may put hole into it.

"How have you been lately?" She asked sweetly.

Oh you know, attempted suicide a few weeks ago, failed, called a help line, met a girl on it who I took a liking to. Kissed her and freaked her out, you know just the usual.