Chapter 20: Wish You Were Here

This is another filler.

This won't be very long, after this chapter, it will be Chance's point of view and then the next or next next chapter they will be off to New York!

Don't forget to vote xx

Song: Wish You Were Here - Delta Goodrem

Hope's POV:

I slowly walked along the stoney path after paying my fair to my Uber driver. He hadn't questioned or had asked me what was wrong so I was thankful in that case.

After walking along the path, I was finally met with the firm, freezing ground which had the snowy grass crunching beneath my boots. I wrapped the coat further around me as I walked closer to my most needed destination.

I could pretty much see it now.

The one place I would always run off too when times got too rough.

My fathers grave;

I stood in front of it, staring down at the snowy engraved stone.

I knelt down, placing my suitcase behind me as I reached forward and gently touched the stone. I soon began to wipe all of the snow off of the stone, my breath caught in my throat as I stared at the words I had come to memorise over the years.

'Here likes William Jon Own Fey - 1976 - 2008. A loving father, husband, brother, uncle and friend. May he live on in the realms of heaven and feel no pain.'

I reread those lines over and over again until I couldn't see due to the tears blocking my vision. I soon sat down on the cold floor, not caring that my pants would be wet.

As I sat silently on my father grave, looking around and making sure that no one was out here. Thankfully, no one was so I could talk to him without feeling like I was begging judged.

I can't tell you how many times I've been woken up by one of the security or graveyard keepers from when I had run away from home and up here, just to sleep on my father grave.

I would never do it at night, but during the day whenever I couldn't handle my mother, I would just come up here with my blanket and sleep on his grave.

The security guards got to that point when they would just leave me be until it was getting too late or my mother had come up searching for me.

The second one rarely ever happened.

I peered down at the stone in front of me as I smiled at the numerous memories I've had here.

I sucked in a deep breath, exhaling out slowly.

"H-Hi dad, it's been a w-while since I've came and visited you-u." I whispered, choking on my words as a single tear slid down my face.

"I've been missing you a lot. I haven't been doing too well lately." I began, my bottom lip trembling as I began to play and pull at the icy grass, my fingers going numb.

"I had a bad fight with mum again. A real, real bad fight that I don't think I'll ever come back from. I just exploded, you know? I screamed my heart out and everything that I kept bottled up inside of me for 10 years." I murmured, lifting my head and making sure no one was still around.