Chapter 51: You Gave Me Something To Lose

Song: Love Someone - Lukas Graham

Don't forget to leave a vote xx

Chance's POV:

Don't listen to the song until I tell you to. There's a specific scene for it xx

I stared into Hope's shocked eyes as she held her phone up against her ear, her full lips parted as her eyes began to get teary.

Moments later, her eyes almost appeared lifeless and her phone slipped from her hands as she began to fall to the floor.

"Hope!" I yelled, quickly diving forward and catching her just in time before she hit the tiles.

I sank to the floor and held her in my arms, not before grabbing her phone and putting it to my ear.

"Hello? What the fuck did you say to my Hope." I growled.

The other line took a sharp intake of breath as if almost scared and slowly said.

"I'm Christine, Hope's brother. I had to inform her that our mother.. passed away." He choked out and my eyes widened in shock.

Hope's mother? The woman she hated with every punch of her being? The one who left her to be the bigger person after her father died?

"Oh shit." I mumbled.

"Yea." Christine replied, unable to say anything else.

"I'll have Hope call you back later." And with that I ended the call.

I felt like an asshole doing that, but Hope was more important to me in this instance than anything else. I put the phone to the side and managed to stand up, holding her in my arms.

I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, straight into my bedroom.

I gently laid her down, gulping as I quickly got onto the internet and typed in:

What happens if your girlfriend faints because of a crisis.

Scanning the net, the first option came up nearly made me shit myself.

'If your loved one fainted, they've probably just died.'

I rolled my eyes, knowing Hope wasn't actually dead, but thinking about death already, I jumped to her side and placed my head over her heart.

The beats were slow and I let out a breath or relief.

"Hope?" I asked, gently touching her face.

She gasped, sitting up suddenly causing me to jump in fright and stare at the wide eyed beauty.

"What happened? How did I get in our room?" She grumbled.

I ignored the flutter of my heart at her use of 'our room' and cleared my throat, scooting closer to her.

"Hope, are you alright?" I asked, attempting to keep my voice low and soft.

She sat quiet for a moment, staring at the floor and not moving. I bit my lip, the feeling of the cold lip ring between my teeth.

I looked at her, gently sliding my hand into her own. She didn't close her hand though, she sat frozen staring at the floor.

"Hope-."

"I can't believe it." She whispered.

"I can't believe she's gone."

"I'm sorry-."

"No. Don't say that." She snapped.

I winced, but decided not to fight back. This wasn't the time nor place.