-Four-

Today was Monday. Which meant school. Yay, high school. I looked over at my mom, still asleep and smiled. I got out of bed and put on some clothes, then I put on some makeup. I looked at my phone and checked the time, 45 minutes till school starts.

I walked out of my room, to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After I did that I went down stairs to get something to eat. Scanning through the fridge, I found a frozen omelet and decided to eat that. When I was done, I left for school.

I had to walk to school since I didn't have a car. I made it to school with ten minuets to spare. I walked around the building until I found my friend Olivia.

"Hey Ashley! Happy late birthday!" She shouted and jumped on me, giving me a hug. Hugging her back, I laughed.

"Gee Olivia," I laughed, breathless. "Thank you it really means a lot, even if today isn't my birthday."

"Well I would have come to your house except I know about the asshole, and I don't even know your address, and we've been friends for like, 6 years?" She said as we walked to our first period, chemistry.

Olivia and I were pretty much the same, physically. We both had Brown hair, mine a little darker and I had brown eyes while hers were green. We were both skinny as could be, but for different reasons. Olivia did swim, my house hardly ever had food in it.

"Oh hey, I got you something." She said, digging through her bag after we sat down. She pulled out a small box and handed it to me. "I know you told me not to get you anything, but it was your birthday. Plus I saw it and immediately thought of you."

I opened the box and there was a necklace, with a little heart on it. "I have the same one." She said and pulled her necklace out from underneath her shirt.

"Olivia, I love it. But you really didn't have to get me anything." I said while putting on the and necklace.

"Ash, your my best friend. Of course I'm going to get you something for your birthday." I smiled and thanked her again, and the final bell to class rang.

During lunch, me and Olivia found a table in the lunchroom. We sat down with our trays of food, and began to eat.

"So this new guy moved in across the street." I said and Olivia stoped eating.

"Wait the house that you said was the murder suicide?" I nodded. "Damn. Well is he hot?"

Almost choking on my water, I said, "Well he's 19 almost 20. He moved into the house with his girlfriend." I stated simple.

"So...? Was he hot or not?" I just nodded an laughed. "So what's his name."

"His name is Dom. He's British, born and raised in England. He moved to California with his girlfriend Zoey, in hopes to make it big as a musician." I said.

"So he can sing?" She said, clearly interested.

"I don't know, I only saw him twice."

"Twice? What do you mean?" She said with a look of confusion.

"Well my mom and I went over to welcome them before we went out to dinner. When we came home from dinner," I paused, shivering at ehat happened when we got home. "we went to bed. At three in the morning, I woke up to the sound of rocks hitting me window so I looked. It was Dom."

"Ok and? What did he want." She said.

"Well I went outside and he wanted to hang out. We drove to the gas station and got slurpees. Then we went back home." I said, smiling at the memory.

"Ooooooh someone has a crush!" She sang. I blushed and burried my face into my arms.

"I so do not! He has a girlfriend." I said, muffled by my arms.

"Ash, well it's obvious that he likes you." She said. I just rolled my eyes and went back to eating.

When the bell rang, Olivia and I went our separate ways to fourth period. I went to math and she went to English.

After school was over, I prepared myself to walk home to a hellish place. When I walked out of the school, I saw a guy, leaning against a motorcycle. He had crazy hair and pink socks, with a leather jacket. I walked over to him an smiled.

"I saw you walking to school this morning. Thought you might not want to walk home alone. So I thought I'd come pick you up." Dom said with his British accent.

"Well your right again. First the blue slurpee and now this." We laughed. He handed me a helmet and I put it on. He put on his and jumped onto the motorcycle.

He waited for me to get and once I did, he said, "hold on tight." I wrapped any arms around him and he started the machine. With a roar of the engine, we were off, a leading down the road.

Instead of going home, Dom drove to the gas station. I took off my helmet an laughed at Dom as he pulled his helmet off. His hair was even crazier that before.

"What's so funny?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Oh nothing... just that your hair is everywhere." He just scrunched his nose and ran his hand through his hair. Suddenly his hair was tamed. "That's so not fair." He laughed at we walked into the store.

We walked back to the slurpee machine, just like we had last night, or rather this morning. I watched Dom pour two blue slurpees and I just looked at him.

"Oh you thought your birthday present was only the one slurpee? Oh no. Think of it as a lifetime supply of blue slurpees." I laughed and watched as Dom paid for the drinks. After that We went out behind the building and sat down. Drinking the slurpees.

I began to shiver and Dom must have noticed. He handed me his leather jacket and I just looked at it.

"No, I'm not cold. If I take it you'll be cold." I said shaking my head.

"No, you're cold. Take it, I'm not cold." He said and put the jacket on my lap. With one last look, I took the jacket and put it on. Dom looked at me and smiled.

"It looks better on you than it does me. Now how is that fair?" I just shrugged and laughed.

After a while I decided to ask, "So where is Zoey?" Dom looked at me and pulled me closer.

He laid his head on my shoulder, "like I'd fucking know." He laughed. "She could care less about where I am, if that's what you're asking. The thing with Zoey and I, well once upon a time we were in love. She was my everything and I was hers. But something eventually changed. I really shouldn't, but I still love her." I nodded and looked down at the half empty slurpee in my hand.

"Where is she, do you think?" I asked him.

"Honestly, she's probably out furniture shopping. Spending all my fucking money away on useless things." He said, letting out a sigh. We sat there like that, until it started to get dark. Suddenly I realized what time it was.

"Shit Dom, I've got to get home." I said and quickly stood up, muttering shit under my breath.

"Hey it's all fine. I'll get you home." Dom stood up and we walked to his motor cycle. When we got to the end of the street where my house was, I asked him to stop.

"Dom I need you to let me off right here. I'll walk the rest of the way home." I said while taking my helmet off. He shook his head.

"Ashley, fuck no. Why?" I just looked at him, my eyes filled with pain and regret. Not regret from going out with him, regret of losing track of time.

"I'll explain everything later. Just go home. I'll walk." Eventually he let me off and with one last look, he drove off, leaving me to walk home alone with my thoughts.