-Seven-

I woke up to the sound of banging on my door. "ASHLEY I KNOW YOUR IN THERE. COME OUT RIGHT THIS MINUTE! WE NEED TO TALK!" I jumped up and threw on a new t shirt and a clean pair of jeans, shoving my phone into the pocket. I put the hoodie back on over the shirt and grabbed my backpack, and filling another bag with a few pairs of clothes. I hurried and climbed back down the ladder and moved it back to where it was before.

Looking across the street I saw that the car was once again gone from the driveway and I ran to Doms house. Pounding on the door and tried not to cry. "Dom! Dom, open the door!" Soon a figure appeared in the doorway and I almost tackled him the the ground.

Dom looked as if he had just woken up, which I'm sure he had. "I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to wake you up. I just panicked I didn't know where to go."

"Ash." Dom said grabbing my shoulders. "Ashley slow down. What fucking happend?" He asked looking into my eyes.

I could feel tears start to form in my eyes, but I shook them away. "He knew I was back. When I woke up this morning, he was pounding on my door, I was afraid he was going to break the door down. I just got so scared.." I said looking down at the ground.

Dom rubbed my back and said, "Hey Ash, it's all okay now. I'll keep you safe." I nodded and looked at him again. I pulled out my phone and saw i had no new messages. There was also two hours till school started.

"Dom, could you take me to school in two hours?" I asked him while he helped me up from the floor.

"Yeah, sure." He smiled.

After he made breakfast and we both ate, he went and took a shower. I borrowed some of Zoeys makeup and pulled my hair up.

"Leave your hair down." Dom said walking up behind me. "And I don't get why you wanted to use Zoeys makeup. You really don't need it, not as much as Zoey does." I laughed and turned around to face him.

Pulling the hair tie out of my hair I asked him, "Where is she anyways?"

"Fuck, Your guess is as good as mine." He laughed. "Oh hey, I wanted to talk about what I texted you last night." He said as we walked down the stairs to the living room.

When we say down on the couch he began his story. "So as you know, I don't like Zoey all that much, but I still love her." I swear, each time Dom said that he loved her, there was a glint of anger in his eyes. "Like I've said, Zoey and I have been through a lot. Back home, in England, I did some things in not so proud of. I got mixed up with the wrong people. I started doing bad things, horrible things, unforgivable things. One of which," he sucked in a breath and said, "What I'm about to tell you, may make you hate me and I'm so fucking sorry."

I cut him off and I put my hand on his. "Dom, I could never hate you. You still have to hold up your birthday gift to me. Free blue slurpees for the rest of my life remember?" He laughed and continued.

"Well one day, I was over at my friends house. His name was Matt. And him and I were doing drugs, which I'm not proud of. And I swear I'm clean now, cross my heart. I knew when to stop. But Matt, he never really did, and I was the one who stopped him. One day, I had a really fucking shitty day at school and I didn't care how far I went, and Matt, he never cared. That night he overdosed. And it was all my fucking fault." His voice cracked at the end, and I saw tears start to fall from his eyes.

"I remember Zoey walking in and seeing us, she started to freak out, saying that it was all my fault that he had died. That if it wasn't for me coming into his life, he would still be alive. And I believed her. I still believe her to this very day. And if it was ever to get out, it would ruin my whole career, I would forever be known as the guy who killed his best friend."

"That's not true Dom. You didn't kill him, he killed himself. It probably would have happened with or without you. You were just a byproduct of his death." I said and rubbed his arm.

"But I could have fucking prevented It!" Dom yelled, letting the tears fall down his face.

"No, you couldn't have, Dom. What is done is done, and it can't be taken back." He nodded and continued to cry for another thirty minues.

"Well now you know the truth." He laughed.

"Yeah."

"Are you scared of me now?" He asked searching my eyes.

I shook my head. "Dom, I could never be scared of you." He nodded and looked at the time.

"Shit, I've got to get you to school." He jumped up and grabbed the keys to his motorcycle and ran out the door. I followed and put the helmet on and we were off to school.

I hugged Dom tight as he drove to the high school. Once we were there I got off and he said, "I'll be here after school to pick you up, okay?" I nodded and smiled. I grabbed my backpack and walked into the building.

Once I entered the building all eyes were on me. Suddenly Olivia ran to me and walked with me to class.

"Sorry I missed school yesterday." I said to Olivia.

"No it's fine. How was your day with your boyfriend?" She asked. I stopped walking and looked at her.

"My What??"

"Well who else could the guy be, driving you around on a motorcycle. Everyone has seen you guys driving around town. Everyone thinks he's really hot, and I've got to agree with them." She said.

"No way. Olivia, that's Dom. My neighbor Dom. Who has a Girlfriend. Whose name is Zoey."

I saw the look on Olivia face change. "So that was the guy who picked you up on Monday! Wow."

"Yeah and he's not my boyfriend." I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pulled it out and looked at it.

Have a good day at school. Learn things and try not to think about this morning... I'm sorry for probably ruining your day.

"Look Ash, that guy may have a Girlfriend, but he definitely has the hots for you." Olivia said reading the message on my phone.