-Thirteen-

Running. Running was all I could do to stay alive.

While running, I kept seeing the same things, almost like I was running around in a circle. I kept seeing Dom, trapped in a jail cell, being beat up. And Olivia, she was drowning, or rather being drowned. And I had to watch the whole thing. I screamed and closed my eyes tight.

All of a sudden I opened my eyes and sat up in the bed. I looked over at Dom sleeping soundly and I smiled.

Tonight, sadly was the fourth night in a row I had a nightmare about my friends dying. It was now a month later from the day Dom gave Olivia my number, and Dom still hadn't dropped the thing about selling his house.

I still haven't heard anything from my mother, either. I told Olivia everything that had been going on and she said that if things between Dom and I went to hell, or if it wasn't safe where I am anymore, or just whenever I wanted, that I could go over to her house. She said her parents were dying to meet me anyways.

I got out of bed, trying my best not to wake Dom up. I went downstairs to the kitchen and got myself a glass of water and sat at the counter drinking it. Suddenly I heard a noise behind me and the lights flicked on. Standing there at the bottom of the stairs was Dom, shirtless.

"Another nightmare?" He asked. I nodded and he walked over to me. "Maybe we should take you to a therapist." Dom suggested, sitting down next to me.

"Its not going to work, they're going to want to know everything, and I'll tell them everything. Then they'll go to the cops and the asshole will find me. And I'm sorry for waking you up, I didn't mean to." I said setting the glass of water down.

"You didn't wake me, I was already awake. And Ash, you can't keep living in fear." Dom said.

"Dom, you don't get it. That's the only way to live, being cautious. Being fearful of everything. If I'm not, well you know.." I trailed off.

"Ok well what if go to another state and tell the police?"

"And you think they'll care?" I questioned.

"Well I mean it's their job, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess. I don't know." I yawned, "let's just talk about it tomorrow. I'm tired." Dom agreed and we both went back upstairs to go to sleep.

The next morning when we woke up, we went downstairs and ate breakfast. "I'm going to sell the house, and I'm going to break up with Zoey. I haven't even talked to her in over a month." I set down my coffee mug and looked at him.

"I'm not going to tell you not to, I just want you to do it for the right reasons. I know you don't love Zoey and I think it's right for you to break up with her, but there is going to be repercussions.. And you're going to have to be prepared to fight back. But selling the house that you bought, I don't want you to do it for me. Do it for you, do it because you want to sell that house. If you take me out of the equation, would you still sell the house?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

He thought for a moment, "Ash, you are a good enough reason to sell that house. I mean you're like my best friend, other than Adam and Michael, but still." Hearing him say that we were only friends kinda hurt, but I just brushed it off. "Plus I mean like two people died in that house. Kinda strange don't you think? Living in a house where people died." I laughed and nodded.

"If you want to sell the house, I'm not going to stop you. Just think about what is going to happen in the end with selling it." I said sipping my coffee.

"I have thought of it, and I want to." He paused and I nodded. "And I want it sold by the end of the week." He said and my eyes widened.

"Dom it's Monday!" I exclaimed.

"Yes Ash, I know what day it is."

"But the end of the week is literally five days away. You're never going to get the house sold in five days. Plus you have to go get all of your stuff and move it somewhere." I said.

"Which is why we are going to go look for apartments today." He said and I almost spit out my coffee.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yea and I have a couple of appointments with realtors scheduled for today and tomorrow to look at apartments. And I plan on getting the house on the market by tomorrow." I sat there, perplexed for a couple of seconds.

"What time are the appointments?" Dom pulled out his phone and looked at the time. His eyes widened at the phone and he mutters a quiet 'Shit' before shoving his phone in his pocket and looking back at me.

"The first one starts in 30 minutes." My mouth dropped open.

"Dom!" I exclaimed and stood up, quickly cleaning up the kitchen and running upstairs to get dressed. Soon after I was done, Dom came up and got dressed.

Now we were in the car heading to the first apartment to look at. I looked over at dom and asked him, "so when do you plan on telling Zoey that you're selling the house?"

He shrugged, "I guess the same time that I break up with her when I go to get all my furniture and clothes. If she's there. If not I guess I'll just have to call her."

"Don't you think that's a little harsh?" I asked. "I mean breaking up with her, telling her she no longer had a place to live and taking the furniture?"

"Well now that you put it that way you make me sound like an asshole." He laughed. "But I don't know, if I tell her I'm selling the house she'll take everything, and try to sell it, getting as much money possible. Things that don't belong to her. She'll probably take my motorcycle and try to sell it which would be horrible. So the only way to prevent that from happening is to tell her everything on the same day." I nodded.

"So do you want me to go with you? To the house to get your stuff?" I asked.

"As long as you feel comfortable with going. I'm still going to have Michael and Adam help. It would be great if you could help, but if you can't I totally understand." He said.

"Yea I'll help.. I think it's been long enough." He smiled.

Please don't forget to vote and share! It would be really helpful and thank you for reading!