-Five-

As I walked into the house, I saw the tv was on and the asshole was asleep in the chair. I started to walk up the stairs to my room, when I felt a hand on my back.

"And where do you think you're going?" I turned around in fear, facing the man that shares my blood.

"My room." I stuttered out.

"And where were you? School ends at three. It's almost seven." He said, I could almost taste the alcohol on his breath.

"What, so you actually care about me for once?" I asked.

He raised his hand and said, "Ashley Hale, tell me right now where you were, or I'll do something I won't regret."

"I was at school. I had to take some tests to get my grades up. I'm sorry. I should have called you. I didn't think it was that big of a deal." I said, looking down at the ground.

"Not that big of a deal." He muttered, lowering his hand. "Go find that slut mother of yours, I need to have a word with her."

"She's not a slut." I said, standing my ground.

"You dare speak back to me?" He said. I could almost hear him growling.

"Yes. Because it's not right. You're not right. You need help."

"I don't need help!" He raised his hand and slapped me across the face.

My face burned. I ran up the stairs to my room before it got any worse. Slamming the door behind me, I locked it and slid down the door, letting myself fall. Tears fell from my eyes, and I let them. I felt my phone buzz so I pulled it out.

D: Hey, did you make it home alright?

I smiled and sent back

A: Yea, I made it home okay.. is Zoey over there right now?

D: No, why?

A: Where is she?

D: No idea. She usually doesn't come home.

A: Ok.

My mom wasn't in my room anymore. I had no idea where she was. Hopefully she was safe, wherever she was.

I looked out my window and saw hi w far down it was, if I were to jump. I went to my other window, which was a little closer to the ground. I opened it, and took one final look, then I jumped. Somehow I landed on my feet, with no injury. I looked back up at my room, one last time and then I ran to Doms house.

I knocked on the door and waited for it to open. Soon it did, and I as pulled inside.

"Oh my god, your face! What happened??" He asked as he made me sit down on the couch.

I started to cry. I couldn't hold it in anymore. The abuse that my mom and I had gone through.

"My mom and I, we aren't in a good situation. My dad," I cringed at the word, "He abuses us. Mostly my mom. This is the first time he's hit me in a while." Dom shook his head and I could see the pain in his eyes.

"Fuck, This is all my fault isn't It?" He said stroking the handprint on my face.

"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have lost track of time." I paused, "I don't know where my mom is."

"It's all going to be fine. You can sleep here. You can take my bed, I'll sleep down here on the couch." I nodded. "You can't go back there." He said after a while.

"Yea I know. But what else am I supposed to do? He'll always find me, and my mom. I didn't want to drag you into this. I'm really sorry. I should have kept my distance."

"Hey don't apologize." He said. Stroking my hair. "Can we tell the police? Anyone?"

I shook my head. "He has people, friends I guess, who are on the police force. It won't work."

He nodded, "Well we will figure something out I promise." I smiled and yawned. "You can borrow one of my shirts to sleep in. I don't think skinny jeans and a t shirt could be very comfortable to sleep in." I laughed and nodded.

He led me up the stairs to his room and handed me a shirt. "The bathroom is right there," he pointed to the door in the bedroom.

"Thank you, for everything." I said and walked to the bathroom. He smiled and I saw him walk back down the stairs.

After getting changed into his shirt, I walked over to the bed. It was grey and cold. Getting under the covers, I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. I tossed. And turned, trying to get comfortable, but I couldn't. Eventually after a couple of hours had passed I got up and walked downstairs.

I saw Dom, stretched out on the couch watching tv. When he saw me, he immediately sat up and stared at me. I walked over to him and sat next to him.

"Can't sleep?" He asked. I shook my head and curled up closer to him. He put his arm around me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Dominic, I'm scared. He's never going to stop." I paused, "If he found out about you, he might try to hurt you."

He turned and looked at me, "Ash, I don't care if anybody hurts me. It's weather or not you, and your mum are safe."

I nodded and shut my eyes. Eventually, I fell asleep, curled up next to Dom.

When I woke up, the next morning, I saw Dom, already awake, looking at me.

"Wow, I probably look like shit." I laughed and stretched my arms. "What time is it?" I asked.

Dom reached over and grabbed his phone. "Almost ten." He said and my eyes went wide.

"Dom! I'm late for school!" I said and started to stand up. He reached out and grabbed my hand pulling me back down to the couch.

"You're not going to school today." He said.

I glared at him and sat back down on the couch. "Fine. Then what are we going to do today?"

He thought about it for a second. "Well first get something to eat, cause I'm fucking starving" I laughed and he went on, "and then later today I have to go to the studio with the rest of the band."

I smiled, "okay, well I'm going to take a shower. Can I by chance borrow another shirt?" I asked and he nodded. I walked back up stairs, to his room and grabbed a shirt, walking into the bathroom.

I went into the shower letting the water wash away the events of last night. I needed to text my mom, see if she was okay.

When I was done in the shower, I threw on the shirt and my jeans that I was wearing. I walked out of the bathroom and went back downstairs, finding Dom cooking breakfast. "Wow, and you can cook!" I said.

He jumped around to face me, startled at my suddeness. Threatening me with the spatula in his hand.

"Hey it's not very nice to scare people." He said and I laughed.

When he was done cooking, he gave me a plate of food. "It may not be the best, but its not burnt and I think it's edible." He said.

"You think it's edible?" He nodded.

"Well yeah, I don't know for a fact. Wouldn't want to lie, would I?" Now it was my turn to laugh. I took a bite of the food and closed my eyes.

"Well it's a lot better than frozen food." I said.

After we were done eating, Dom went and showered and I sat down watching tv. When he was done, he threw a hoodie at me and said that we needed to go.

I quickly put on the bright pink hoodie and followed him out the door, onto his motorcycle.