Chapter 8

3rd Person's POV

"I can't believe Alex can be that romantic. We went to a fancy restaurant and he insisted on paying the bills. He even paid for almost all of our expenses yesterday." Jennie said for the nth time already.

It was Saturday and Lisa just fell asleep when Jennie barged in her room and started to tell her all about the things she did with Alex yesterday.

Lisa doesn't know if she will be thankful that Jennie went out with Alex yesterday because the brunette seemed to forget that she missed their supposed to be date yesterday, or not because she feel a little jealous because Jennie looks so happy after hanging out with Alex.

'Why are you jealous tho?' Her mind asked her.

'It's because I feel like I will have a competition now. Jennie might want to hangout with Alex now that me.' She cringed at the thought.

After Jennie got tired talking about her day, she noticed that Lisa is not listening to her and had her eyes closed then she remembered that her bestfriend did not answer her calls her messages yesterday.

"Yah! Lalisa Manoban! Where the hell are you yesterday?" She yelled.

'Oh my fcking hell!' Lisa panicked in her mind.

"Yah! Answer me!" Jennie yelled again.

'Sleep, pretend to sleep. Don't fucking open your eyes Manoban if you still want to live for another day.' Lisa said yo herself as she keep her eyes shut.

She pretend to sigh heavily trying to convince Jennie that she is indeed asleep which is successful.

She heard Jennie groaned and sighed frustratedly. She felt Jennie stand up from her bed and heard her say;

"You can't get away from me, Manoban." Then she heard the heavy footsteps going out of her room.

Once she heard her door closed, she sat up straight and took a big breath. She felt like she got suffocated because of Jennie's tone earlier.

"I guess I still have time to live." She said to herself and flop down on her bed again.

Her body is tired and she's still sleepy so she decided to  just sleep it off.

-----------------------------------------------

"Alex? What are you doing here this early?" Lisa asked when she saw her childhood friend leaning on his car in front of their gate.

"Oh hey Good Morning Lissy! So this is still where you live?" Alex asked.

Lisa got confused with Alex's reply, if he's not here because of her then why is he here?

Her question got answered when she heard her bestfriend calling him.

"Hey Alex, I'm sorry for making you wait." She apologized.

"It's okay, I came here without notice and it's still early." Alex answered.

Lisa who is confused from the start and who looks invisible to them spoke, "wait? You're picking up Jennie?" She asked Alex.

"Uhh.. yeah? Figured it will be convenient since I live just nearby." Alex answered.

"But Jennie and I go to the school together..." Lisa said and looked at Jennie for an answer.

"Sorry Lis, Alex is here already so I guess I'll go with him for now. I don't want to waste his effort." Jennie said trying to convince her bestfriend.

"Then atleast eat breakfast first. I prepared----" Lisa was cut off by Alex.

"We will, Lis. Jennie and I decided to eat breakfast in Benny's. She was craving for some bacon and pancakes today. Do you want to join us?" He asked.

Lisa sighed, "No, you can go first. I'll bring my car and I need to go somewhere before going to school." Lisa answered and gave them a forced smile.

Jennie raised her brow at her, wondering where she will go this early but Lisa quickly avoided her gaze and told Alex to take care.

The two went on their way leaving Lisa. She went back to her house and go to the kitchen.

She stared at the foods that she prepared earlier with the 'forced help' from her Mom because she woke her up in her beauty sleep just to ask her how to make a pancake mix.

"Pancakes and Bacons... I already have what you wanted here, Jen." She said sadly as she look at the foods she cook with her best effort.

Lisa wasn't really a good cook like her parents, she doesn't know why. She likes the idea of cooking but it seems like cooking itself doesn't like the idea of being good with Lisa.

Not wanting to waste the food that she cooked, she fished her phone from her pocket and dialed someone's number.

"Have you eaten your breakfast?" She asked as soon as the person answered after the third ring.

"Oh my God! I'm lateeeee!!!" She heard the person yelling and she couldn't help but laugh.

"I guess you don't have time to eat then. Don't worry I'll bring some pancakes for you." She said.

"Yeah.. thank you for waking me up! I'll see you at school, Lisa!" She heard the girl who is obviously in a hurry.

Lisa chuckled and continued to put the pancakes on a lunch box.