Chapter 18

3rd Person's POV

"LISA-YAAAAH!!!" Lisa almost had a mini heart attack when 'someone'.. well Jennie who is standing at the front of their house, yelled at her excitedly.

Jennie ran to her while wearing her brightest smile that made Lisa fall into her. Lisa reciprocated it with a bigger smile.

'Good Lord, thank you for blessing me this early!' she thought.

"Lisa! I was dying to tell you this since last night! oh my gosh!!!" Jennie said excitedly.

Lisa's smile quickly faded knowing what happened last night. She's 100% sure Jennie would talk about her date with Alex and how it went well.

"Let me guess? You said 'yes'?" Lisa asked and tried her best to look excited while asking that when she's literally breaking inside and hoping that Jennie said 'No'.. but by the look of Jennie's face, she knew her answer already.

She looked at her bestfried and got confused why is Jennie looking at her weirdly.

"What?" Lisa asked. Jennie just shrugged and smiled at her widely.

"I did! Alex is my boyfriend now!" Jennie said happily.

"I knew you would! I told you, you would love it last night." Lisa said.

"Yeah, thanks for helping me Lisa-yah. How can I repay you?" Jennie asked.

"You don't have to Nini." Lisa answered.

"What if I look for a man you can date?" Jennie asked while wiggling jer eyebrows.

"No thanks." Lisa rolled her eyes.

"I mean it! Alex has a friend named John, he's also single and maybe you can go on a date with him? Or maybe we can go on a double date? That would be fun right?" Jennie asked.

"Nini, I know that you having a boyfriend now overwhelms you but I can't just date another guy just because you're dating now." Lisa said, she doesn't like where this conversation is going.

"I know.. I just don't want you to feel like you're being left out." Jennie said.

'Then you shouldn't have said 'yes' to Alex last night if you feel that way' Lisa thought.

"Who's being left out? No one Jennie. I'm happy for you, okay? Not because you're dating now I would be left out." Lisa smiled.

"But last time you said you were jealous with Alex because I've been hanging out with him and I don't have time for you." Jennie reminded her.

"Hey, don't worry okay? It's not like I own you or something. You can go wherever you want Jen. I mean, it depends on you and I'm not the one who will decide for you because it's your life." Lisa assured her. "And we're both growing, so I think we're on this phase of life that we would be having decisions that will make us apart but don't worry, just always remember that I'm always here for you. Okay?" Lisa said sincerely.

"What's with the long speech? It's not like we're breaking apart you dumbo." Jennie laughed at her.

"Here I am being an understanding friend yet you're ruining the moment." Lisa frowned.

"I'm sorry! Come here." Jennie pulled her and trapped her on a tight hug. "I'm so lucky to have you as my bestfriend. I don't know what would I be wothout you in my life, Lili. I love you." Jennie said and looked at her eyes.

And Lisa... how happy she is when Jennie said those three words, but sad at the same time because Jennie said that because she's her bestfriend.

'Yes Lisa, you're just her bestfriend. Just be happy that she's part of your life and just accept the fact that this would be the farthest you can get.' Lisa thought and she feels like she will cry anytime so she broke the seriousness.

"And you're telling me I'm the emo one? Did you just hear yourself??" Lisa teased Jennie.

"Yah! Forget it, I didn't say anything." Jennie slapped her arm.

"I won't." Lisa teased and Jennie just rolled her eyes.

"By the way, you going somewhere? On a Sunday? And you wouldn't even invite me?" Jennie glared at her.

"Oh.. you wanna come? I will--" Lisa was cut off when she heard another girl called her.

"Hey Lissie, I'm ready to go." Both Lisa and Jennie turned their attention to Lisa's doorway and saw Chaeyoung, who looked awkward as soon as she saw Jennie.

"--drive Chaeyoung back to her house." Lisa finished.

"Lissie huh? What a crappy nickname." Jennie mumbled but Lisa heard her. "Sorry I can't come, Alex and I have will go somewhere later." Jennie said and look at Chaeyoung from head to toe.

Chaeyoung stood there awkwardly and looked at Lisa for some help. Luckily, Lisa understood that look.

"Okay then, we'll go ahead." Lisa told Jennie.

"Sure, but we'll talk when you're alone. Got it?" Jennie narrowed her eyes on Lisa.

"Yeah sure.." Lisa gulped nervously. What would they talk about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So... what is Ms. Cathy talking about earlier?" Chaeng asked Lisa as soon as they drove away.

"Ms. Cathy?" Lisa asked. Who the hell is Cathy??

"Jennie, you know like she has a cat eyes so I called her Cathy. We can use that code." Chaeyoung explained and Lisa can't help but laughed at Chaeng's silliness.

"As if you don't know. Of course she's talking about how she said 'yes' to Alex last night." Lisa said... with a hint of a bit bitterness on her voice.

"Ooooh... I see you handled it very well." Chaeyoung said.

"God knows how hard I tried not to cry in front of her. I mean it still hurts you know, I'm still not ready to see her with Alex being so lovey dovey in front of me." Lisa said.

"Hey, don't worry okay? I'm always here." Chaeyoung said and held her hand.

"Thank you Chaeng." Lisa smiled at her.

As Chaeyoung suggested, they went to the hospital to have Lisa checked and to know why she suffered that attack last night.

"You've been stressed and you have been emotinally unstable. You must be overthinking so much, kid. Stress increases the risk of heart disease. " The doctor said.
" If stress itself is a risk factor for heart disease, it could be because chronic stress exposes your body to unhealthy, persistently elevated levels of stress hormones like adrenaline and cortisol.

"What should I do to prevent it from happening again?" Lisa asked the Doctor.

" There are many techniques you can use to manage stress. Some of which you can learn yourself, like taking regular exercises, relaxing and reducing the causes of your streas and having enough of rest. Other techniques may require the guidance of a trained therapist."

"Oh.. is that so? Thank you so much Dr. Park." Lisa thanked him.

"Yeah no problem kid, drink a lot of water. I always tell Chaeyoung the same." Dr. Park told her.

"Yeah I always remember that, couz. Thank you for checking up my friend." Chaeyoung hugged her cousin.

"No worries. Take care of yourselves, you're too young. But don't forget to have fun." Dr. Park winked at them before leaving the room.

"You have a cool cousin, Chaeng." Lisa said.

"Oh you wouldn't like to meet him outside the hospital. He doesn't look respectful like this outside." Chaeyoung warned her.

"Huh? How can you say that to your cousin?" Lisa asked.

"He was the one who influenced me to go clubbing when we're still in Australia." Chaeyoung said.

"Really??? And you're underage?" Lisa asked shockingly.

"Yep, he's too dangerous to be with. Good thing we never get caught." Chaeng said.

"Oh... now I want to hangout with him." Lisa smirked which shocked Chaeyoung.