Chapter 17

3rd Person's POV

Chaeyoung went to this place because she will lend her guitar to her friend who will play for a surprise proposal.

She stayed a bit and made a chat to her friend then when she was about to leave she saw a familiar man, it was Alex.

Then it hit her! Alex will propose to Jennie this night!

She was about to call Lisa when she saw her walking... with Jennie who is blindfolded.

She saw how Lisa whispered on Jennie's ear with tears threatening to come out from her eyes and how she ranaway after doing that.

She immediately ran after her and that's when she saw her friend crying in pain and how she realized that Lisa doesn't see Jennie as just a bestfriend.

"C-Chaeyoung..." Lisa sobbed.

"Lisa.. Am I right?" Chaeng asked her for confirmation.

"Chaeng... I-I love her... I-I'm in love with my bestfriend" Lisa said and broke down again.

Chaeyoung was quick to held her in her arms and patted her back to calm her.

"S-she's with Alex bow Chaeng.." Lisa cried.

"Lisa... stop" Chaeyoung tried to calm her.

"I couldn't do anything.. I'm just her bestfriend.. her damn bestfriend." Lisa cried harder.

Chaeyoung couldn't stop her from crying, she pitied the girl in her arms because of how broken she looks right now.

Suddenly, Lisa clutched her chest and desperately tried to catch her breath which made Chaeng panicked.

"Oh my gosh, Lisa! What is going on?!" Chaeyoung asked panicking.

"C-Chaeng.. I... c-can't b-breath" Lisa tried to answer while catching her breath.

"What?? Oh my God! Lisa calm down! Follow me.. breath in.. breath out." Chaeng instructed and Lisa repeatedly did what Chaeyoung told her but it seems that it's not helping her.

Lisa felt the pain traveled throughout her body and returned to her heart.

She was desperately trying to gasp for an air while she's crying from pain. More tears run down to her face until she lose her grip from Chaeyoung's arm.

"Lisa! Oh my God!" Chaeyoung tried her best to hold Lisa's body, she doesn't know what she will do then she remembered what her family doctor told her.

'Breathing exercise can help if someone is having an attack. If it did not work, give the person a CPR.'

So Chaeyoung did not think twice and attached her lips to Lisa's. She tried to give her the CPR from how she remembered their family doctor taught her.

She continued to do the method for a couple of times while massaging the part of Lisa's chest that the girl was clutching earlier.

She looked at Lisa to see if there's any improvement and when she saw how Lisa's face changed from violet one to it's normal color, and how her breathing went to normal again, a big sigh of relief escaped from her mouth.

She rested her her forehead on Lisa's and held the girl tighter in her arms.

"Oh God! I thought I'm gonna lose you." She whispered, then she felt hot liquids escaped from her eyes and ran down to her cheeks.

After that, Lisa passed out.

---------------------------------------------

Lisa woke up and she was blinded by the light.

'Did I die? Am I in heaven?' she thought.

But then a silhoutte appeared and saved her eyes from being blinded.

"Lisa? Are you okay now?" She heard a familiar voice asked.

Lisa closed and opened her eyes again to have a clearer vision and when she saw the owner of the angelic voice earlier, her guess was right.

"Chaeyoung-ah.." she said weakly.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Chaeng asked softly as she sat on the side of Lisa's bed and caressed her cheek.

"Broken.." Lisa answered with a light chuckle.

"Lisa..." Chaeyoung said with a hint of warning.

"I thought I'd die last night... thank you for saving me chipmunk." She said as she held Chaeyoung's hand which is resting on her face.

"Like I would let you." Chaeyoung gave her a warm smile.

"How did you know what to do?" Lisa asked.

"I have an older sister with a heart failure... our family doctor taught me what to do in case she had an attack."  Chaeyoung explained.

Lisa can't help it so she pulled Chaeyoung and hugged her tight.

"Thank you, Chaeng." She said and a tear escaped from her eye.

"It's okay, thank God you're safe now." Chaeyoung whispered.

"Did my parents know?" Lisa asked because she noticed that she's in her room.

"Not yet, they aren't here when we got here." Chaeyoung answered.

"Does she know?" Lisa asked and Chaeyoung doesn't need to ask who is she pertaining to.

"No, she hadn't come here or contacted you since last night. Your phonw is on the table." Chaeng answered.

"She's probably with Alex now" she smiled bitterly, " wow, I guess having your heart broken can really kill you."

Chaeyoung looked up to her with a worry in her eyes.

"Lisa... can you please don't think about what happened for now? I almost lost you, we almost lost you last night so please... just give it a rest for now." Chaeyoung plead and cried because of worry that Lisa might suffer a heart attack again.

"I'm sorry, Chaeng. I'm so sorry for worrying you." Lisa said and wipwd Chaeyoung's tears away.

"It's okay... just don't do it again." Chaeyoung said.

"I'll try, I promise." Lisa assured her, "just don't leave me for now, I need you, Chaeng."

"I know and I won't" Chaeyoung gave her a reassuring smile.

"Since no one knows what happened to me, can we keep it between us?" Lisa asked.

"Of course, you can count on me." Chaeyoung smiled warmly at her, "but we need you to see a doctor to know how serious your condition is." Chaeyoung added.

"Yeah, I'll do that." Lisa answered.

After that, the two fell on silence. Chaeyoung who hadn't sleep since last night was fast asleep on top of Lisa.

While Lisa, on the other hand, was wondering how would she face Jennie now that she finally admitted to herself that she's been in love with her bestfriend, who doesn'y have an idea that she broke her heart.