#22 - Reunions Come

Chapter 22: Reunions Come
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Previously...

"I will bite you to death." Those were the first words that came out ever since they arrived at Verde's base. Everyone sighed, but it was to be expected. Hibari viciously glared at Mukuro, his Tonfa ready to beat the heck out of the pineapple.

"Kufufufu...Not before I deceive you with truth and truth deceives you." Mukuro played with his words, chuckling and pointing his trident at Hibari, man the two didn't change. It was best to leave the two be and let them settle out somethings.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

But Hiroshi didn't think that mattered, as he made his way over to Mukuro, who looked at him with eyebrows eyes as the boss approached him. Hiroshi glares at Mukuro and stops in front of him.

"What seems to be the matter, Vongola-"

Before Mukuro could finish what he was saying, a fist collided with his face. Chrome screams out Mukuro's name, quickly rushing over to his side, "Mukuro-sama!"

Everyone looked at the scene in shock. Mukuro coughs, spitting out blood as he smirks at Hiroshi. "Kufufu...I expected this, but to cut the inside of cheek, how delightful..." Hiroshi scoffed and turned around, walking away.

"Do that again and it won't just be the inside of your cheek."

"Do you think I fear pain, Vongola? I live in pain."

"Who said it had to physical?" Hiroshi glares back at him, chills crawling down everyone's spine as he said those words. "Those who betray my family are my enemies. I don't know why you had to do what you did, but you saved Uni from that Millefiore Bastard, so..."

Hiroshi sighs, massaging the bridge of his nose. "Thanks."

"..."

"I'm going to cool off." Hiroshi said and walked away. Hibari clicked his tongue and glared sharply at Mukuro, who smiles at him. Hibari raised his tonfa and Dino quickly grabs Hibari's shoulder.

"Not now, Kyoya. You can have him all to yourself later, we need to treat your injuries first." Dino said, pulling Hibari, who growls at him and looked at Mukuro one last time before hiding his Tonfa and walking off with the rest of the Cloud and Adelheid. Everyone else agreed and treated those who participated in the Choice Game, while the others rest.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hiroshi sat in a dark room, one of Verde's empty storage rooms. There wasn't much inside other than a few cardboard boxes and broken parts. He didn't bother to turn on the lights as he sat in silence on one of the large metal boxes.

"Sawada-san?" A girl's voice calls. Hiroshi turns his head to see Uni by the door, illuminating light into the dark room. Hiroshi nods back in reply and asks why she had come here. Uni enters the room and bows at Hiroshi, who looked at her in shock. Standing up from his seat, waving his hand dismissively.

"Why are you bowing to me? You don't have to-"

"I have to." Uni said determinedly, holding her position. "Thank you for saving me. Thank you for choosing to protect me, even though I will become a burden and trouble you."

"Uni..."

"Thank you..." Uni said, raising herself up to look at Hiroshi in the eye. "By saving me, Byakuran will stop at nothing to take me back. Byakuran will come for me, yet..."

"Uni, we did this because we wanted to." Hiroshi said, smiling gently at the sweet girl, who's eyes were filled with tears. "We didn't just save you because you're the Sky Arcobaleno, we saved you because you're our important friend, you're a part of our family."