#27 - My Past

Chapter 27 - My Past
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Mare ring?" A young man with spiky white hair and purple eyes stood before two women who looked exactly the same. Dark skin and pink hair, a mask covering their eyes and dawned cloaks. The man held onto his textbooks and stared at the two, awaiting for an answer.

"We've finally found the true bearer of the Sky Mare Ring." The woman said,

"There is no one else more deserving of this than you." The other said.

The man looks at them with a smile, "Who are you?"

"We have come into your life as a part of your "Thought.""

"Fu...Fuhahahahaha!!" The man confused the two women because of his sudden outburst.

"What are you laughing about?" The woman asked,

"It took you long enough~♪" He sang,

Their jaws drop slightly in confusion and surprise. The man answers their confusions,

"I've been waiting for something absurd like this to happen. I stopped believing in reality and it feels so wrong that I was living the life of a normal human being. No matter where I look, humans, society, they are all just scenery to me."

The man laughs, "And when I just traveled into a parallel world for the first time the other day, I realized that I am merely a "conscience" programmed into a game."

The woman replies,

"You're free to think that way."

Then the other spoke,

"But are you ready to bear the Mare Ring?"

"Of course♪" The man sang, "If this is the key to making the world more entertaining, I'd love to have it."

The women show the Sky Mare Ring inside a small treasure box and the man takes it, grinning.

"Just so you know, I might cause a mass destruction or wipe out an entire population or use it for other nonsensical things. Would you try to stop me?"

The two answer his question,

"We will never interfere with you."

Their answer made the man hum in content, but they continued.

"If this is just a game to you, then you must know that there are two other players in the game."

The man's hums become more contented,

"That's great! The game would be boring if there were no rivals!"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

END

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Next: One Final Choice

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++