CHAPTER 1.

Every morning, when I wake up, I can't help but remember her blue eyes, taunting me, confusion, and questions masking them

Every morning, when I wake up, I can't help but remember her blue eyes, taunting me, confusion, and questions masking them. I keep revisiting the events of that day, hoping to figure things out. But the more I think, the more I just get puzzled.

What I regret the most is not going after her when she got up and quickly left the room. At that moment, I tried so hard to make my legs move, I swear I did. But it was like they were stuck to the floor, and I was left in a helpless state.

The moment I got home, an urgent desire compelled me to dial her number. Regrettably, she declined every one of my calls, and her phone ultimately switched off. A conflicting storm brewed within me, one part yearned to confront her; but the other part was scared.

What was I even going to say to her? Where was I even going to start?

I know I need to explain a lot to her. I just wish she could stop ignoring me and give me a chance to talk. What I have to say to her will clarify everything — why I acted strangely at the formal, why I stood her up on the day we were supposed to go hiking, and why I lied about Mandy being Tasha's friend.

These past four days, not being able to talk to her or see her, it's been like a kind of torment. Four days of pure misery!

I get it, she's probably as confused as I am. I'm still trying to figure out why she showed up.

So many questions are swirling in my mind, and only she holds the answers.

Why was she even at the group therapy session?

Did she somehow find out that Mandy is my therapist?

What does she actually know?

Could she have intentionally gone to the session just to show me that she had caught on to my lie?

Damn it! I just wish she'd pick up my calls or reply to my texts so we can have a conversation. Not knowing what's going on is tearing me apart. Hopefully, tomorrow when we reach Melbourne, we'll finally be able to talk.

A knock on the door snaps my attention, and I break free from my thoughts. "Did you pack everything?" Mom steps into my room and settles on the edge of the bed.