CHAPTER 5.

The sound of drapes opening fills my ears and my eyes flutter open to the bright room

The sound of drapes opening fills my ears and my eyes flutter open to the bright room. I squint, shutting my eyes for a moment before opening them again. It only takes me a second to spot Eve standing by the window, staring at me with questioning eyes. I scan the room I'm now in...Blake's room. The aching in my skull intensifies when all the events from last night come thrusting into my mind.

From the shots I drank with Eve to kissing Austin.

Oh my god...

I kissed Austin.

Waves of nausea crash into me adding to the feeling of regret. My body sinks back to the bed; guilt clouding me. But I don't lie down for too long because I'm forced to rush to the bathroom by the alcohol that wants to escape my mouth.

The excess toxins spew out of my mouth, making me feel even more nauseous. Everything around me swirl for a moment before becoming stationary again. By the time I'm done taking out everything, the room reeks of vomit...and alcohol, all the alcohol I consumed. Last night the scent of alcohol was very much intoxicating and I relished the smell but right now all it does is make me sick.

After flushing the toilet, I hear Eve make her way to me "babe" her voice is calm as she walks over to me "are you okay?" she grabs the hand towel, wiping the corner of my mouth.

I splash lukewarm water on my face, washing my skin, hoping that the water also washes all the memories away. But to my disappointment, it doesn't, it only worsens the flashbacks. I stare at my reflection in the mirror feeling regretful.

"I kissed Austin" I whisper, tears filling my eyes "Eve, I kissed another guy" my voice quivers this time "I cheated on Blake" I look away from the mirror, avoiding meeting my eyes that are filled with shame "I cheated, Eve"

Her hand rests on my back "do you like him or something?"

I shake my head vehemently "no. I only kissed him because I thought he was Blake" I explain and meet her confused stare "when I looked at him before kissing him all I saw was Blake. It was only when he pulled back that I realized that it wasn't him. I didn't mean to kiss him, Eve. I was too intoxicated. I didn't mean to"