CHAPTER 15.

The soothing sound of the river spreads throughout the atmosphere, with moths flying around

The soothing sound of the river spreads throughout the atmosphere, with moths flying around. The moon's reflection flickers like glitter on the surface of the water creating an even more beautiful, peaceful scenery.

"I can't get enough of this place" Cassy mutters seated between my thighs, my arms wrapped around her

"I agree. It's peaceful" I move my face down to the crook of her neck "I could stay like this with you forever" I whisper, running my fingertips up her beautiful delicate skin and small bumps appear on the surface.

Gradually my mind gets consumed with what transpired earlier. Our conversation. How she took in everything without judging me or blaming me for any of it. I won't lie opening up to her wasn't easy for me because I spent hours thinking that she would blame me. I was scared that she would look at me differently.

Waves of relief have washed through my mind. I don't even remember the last time I felt at peace, at ease. Probably last year before the formal. I've had so many sleepless nights after the formal. I couldn't stop reflecting on what had happened. The way she was so uncomfortable...the nerves. I held myself accountable for all of it. It felt like my worst fear was coming into existence. I felt as if I was turning into him...Robert. And no matter how much I tried to convince myself that I wasn't, my mind wouldn't let me. The negative voice in my head would seep into my thoughts creating a chaotic voice that made it impossible for me to sleep.

Mandy encouraged me to speak to Cassy and share my worries with her so she can open up to me about how she felt that night but my fear wouldn't let me. I was scared that her words would confirm my thoughts.

"Love"  Cassy's voice breaks me out of my reverie "Are you okay?" she swivels to look at me, skimming my face for hidden words "Where's your mind at?"

"I was thinking about our talk earlier" A frown falls upon her lips, concern concealing her features "It's nothing to worry about, I promise. I'm just thinking about how at ease I am after our conversation. The emotional weight is gone" I convey, kissing her forehead "No words could articulate what you mean to me"