CHAPTER 14.

Wind seeps through the open windows blowing my hair as I look out, memories from that horrible night rushing through my brain, forbidding me from being present in the moment

"you and I are going to have fun together"

"I promise I won't hurt you. I'll be very gentle"

"You won't feel any pain"

I shut my eyes endeavoring to get rid of the voice that's booming in my head

I hate that I'm failing to get rid of all these thoughts. I want nothing but to practice mindfulness as Mrs. Clark suggested during therapy. I want to be okay, and be happy so that Blake doesn't think that I'm not enjoying myself. But unfortunately, I'm struggling. The memories just won't let me no matter how hard I try.

I sigh woefully, pushing the flashbacks out of my mind. From my peripheral vision, I watch as sadness covers Blake's face and he gently rests his hand on my thigh. Feigning a smile, I grab his phone and play closer by chainsmokers attempting to change my mood with music.

"So, baby, pull me closer in the back seat of your Rover" I sing out turning to look at him and find a grin playing on his lips.

Lowering the volume on the steering wheel, he says "should I stop on the side of the road so that I can pull you closer in the backseat?" he smirks "I'm tempted"

"Don't" I tease, letting out an authentic smile for the first time since I stepped into the car "unless you are willing to tell me where we are going" he shakes his head, about to speak but I beat him to it "I know, I know. It's a surprise" I roll my eyes returning my gaze to the road and he chuckles.

After a few songs, my body relaxes, and my lids slowly become heavy. I fight the urge to shut them because I know that sleeping will only take me back to the same place I'm trying to evade. When unravel me by Sabrina Claudio begins playing, I close my eyes and let myself get lost in her vocals like I always do. And to my surprise, the opposite ensues, my mind takes me into thoughtlessness as I slowly feel myself fall asleep

I wake up to the sound of Blake's voice "Precious" he slightly shakes my arm

My eyes open "are we there yet?" I groan from the tapping sunlight against my face and attempt to cover my eyes with the palm of my hand.