CHAPTER 9.

I try calling Blake for what feels like the hundredth time but it takes me to voicemail

I try calling Blake for what feels like the hundredth time but it takes me to voicemail...again. It's been over ten hours now since I last saw him. My mind is engulfed with so many thoughts. I can't even think straight. I'm worried. My head feels like it's about to open up into two.

I wish he would turn on his phone so I can explain to him that there's much more to it than what he witnessed.

"Cassy," Eve's voice registers followed by a knock "babe, open up" I remain quiet sinking deeper and deeper into worry "babe, I know you're in there. Please open" I bury my face into the cushion and more tears form. I don't even try to hold them back, I let them fall.

"You can't lock yourself in there forever. I'm worried about you...we all are" she knocks again "please open. I promise I won't say or ask you anything. I want to be there for you, please let me. Don't shut me out" she continues knocking.

Because I know that she won't stop knocking, I force myself to walk to the door and open the door ajar, looking over her shoulder.

"I'm alone" she states. I make my way back to bed and she enters the room, shutting the door "Blake is okay. Jake says he sent him a text to let him know that he will check into a hotel" her words ease some of my worries but worsen the ache in my chest.

He gave up on me, on us

The worst part about this is that I don't even blame him for being angry. He had every right to draw that conclusion.

"It's not what it looked like" I find myself thinking out loud "nothing happened between Ben and me" Eve lies next to me, facing me.

"If you want to talk about it, I'm here" she whispers, gluing her eyes to mine.

"I didn't know that Austin and Ben are brothers. I only found out yesterday" I contend, meeting her shocked stare.

"They are brothers?" she questions "does it mean that Austin knew about your relationship with Ben?" I shake my head, sitting up, my back perched against the wall.