CHAPTER 20.

I grab the math textbook and just when I'm about to walk out, Layla's words register "Nice onesie" I let out a light chuckle, and walk out but stop midstep by the hallway when I catch a glimpse of Layla walking toward Blake and touching him

Blake immediately steps back "I'd really appreciate it if you respected my personal space as I asked," Blake tells her with irritation. As he turns around, his eyes lock with mine and I try to conceal all the thoughts swirling in my mind with a straight face.

I resume my steps and stand next to Blake, handing Layla the book "Did I miss something?"

"You didn't miss much. I was admiring Blake's onesie," Layla chuckles, looking at Blake from head to toe "It looks a lot like the one I have."

I fail to keep the facade "Right," I speak, my tone not hiding the shift in my mood "Blake and I are going to get back to what we were doing," I tell Layla, signaling for Layla to leave.

Oblivious to the change in my mood, she approaches me and wraps me in an embrace "I'll see you all tomorrow," she says, moving to hug Blake. However, he raises his hand, halting her "I'll leave you guys to it then," she remarks, and with that, she leaves.

The door closes, and Blake turns to face me "We need to talk."

"Yes, we definitely do. Care to explain what just happened?" My voice is on the edge of frustration. I want to express my frustration and accuse him of keeping secrets, but I remember our past argument involving another girl, which ended with him leaving because he felt I didn't trust him. So, instead of making assumptions, I ask, "What was that all about?"

"Eve was right about Layla; she is Luna," he begins.

Eve walks out, exclaiming, "I knew it! I fucking knew it. What did that lunatic do?" Jake follows her, joining us.

"During our study session before Cassy joined us, she kept trying to touch me," Blake explains, irritation in his voice "And she said some ridiculous things, like I love Cassy more than Cassy loves me. Can you believe she compared us, saying she and I are similar because she thinks she loves Paul more than he loves her?"