CHAPTER 17.

Spellbinding colors set about the sky creating a beautiful awe-inspiring vista

Spellbinding colors set about the sky creating a beautiful awe-inspiring vista. The splashing waters from the majestic waterfall add their own symphony to the scene with their steady pattern of endless rhythm harmonizing with nature's symphony.

My gaze shifts towards Cassy, and there she stands, captivated by the panorama. Her eyes trace the view, her face bathing in the embrace of sun-kiss rays.

Time stands still as I observe her silently. A swell of gratitude floods my heart, marveling at how blessed I am. After a long moment, her delicate lashes flutter before she gracefully averts her gaze towards me. Just like the very first moment I laid eyes on her and fell for her, our eyes meet and lock in an intense exchange, causing goosebumps to ripple across the surface of my flesh.

"I don't think I will ever get used to the wonders of nature I get to witness through your gaze" my hand gently caresses her cheek, causing her blue eyes to glimmer when the radiant touch of sunlight hits them.

For an ephemeral instant, I pull back, savoring the intoxicating sight of her exquisite beauty "Love," I whisper softly, "you are a precious embodiment of loveliness" A rosy hue blushes across her cheeks "What have I done to deserve you?"

"Everything," she utters, her lips curved into a blissful smile, enveloping me within the warm embrace of her arms. In response, I incline myself, lowering my head tenderly to nestle against her delicate nose

"Must you act like this all the time?" Paul chimes, a playful smile on his face, as his eyes rest upon our entwined bodies

"It's called being in love, Paul. Look it up" Eve grins, her eyes twinkling with a mischievous light and Paul diverts his attention to the cascading torrent of the waterfall.

"Hey, guys. I'm sorry that I'm late"  an unfamiliar feminine voice pierce the air and our heads swivel in unison

"Don't stress it" Cassy's lips arch into a smile

"I can't believe that she actually came" Eve mutters in annoyance and Cassy shoots her a scolding stare

"Guys, this is Layla. We met her earlier at the spa" Cassy introduces Layla to us