CHAPTER 13.

The second my eyes flutter open, I'm reminded of what day it is and how long it has been since that night

The second my eyes flutter open, I'm reminded of what day it is and how long it has been since that night...since I got raped. Thoughts run through my brain, forbidding me from thinking about anything else but that night. A terrible weight falls onto my heart and all I do is lay still on the bed unmoving with tears threatening to spill.

I feel drained, and all of a sudden my entire body feels heavy for me to move. My eyes shut and I just continue to lay in bed taking it all, the vivid memories, the pain...everything.

I can't believe that this is me, that this is happening, that I'm feeling like this...again. Why? When will it stop?

It's like last night I didn't go to bed feeling like the happiest girl in the world, the luckiest girl in the world.

How is it that the pain always outweighs the happy moments?

"Good morning, Precious" For a second my body flinches from Blake's arm that's encircling it, but soon it remembers the feel of his touch, it remembers that his touch is nothing like the touch of the man that ruined my life. His touch is gentle, calming, and soothing in ways I can never describe "Baby" he whispers concerningly as if he sensed the tension that had enveloped my body seconds ago

"Good morning, love" my voice is horse and heavy with emotions "How did you sleep?" I ask, not turning to look at him.

I don't want him to see me like this. What if he cannot handle it? What if he finds it overwhelming?

He nuzzles my neck, mumbling "Good...great actually, I love sleeping with you and waking up next to you. How about you?"

"Same here" I whisper unconvincingly. When I feel him shift next to me wanting to look at me, I change the topic and ask "What time is it?"

"8 AM" he replies "Speaking of time" he says with a hint of excitement in his tone "Happy first anniversary in advance, Precious"

For the first time, I let out a smile. Even though it's small it feels genuine and unforced "Happy first anniversary in advanced to you too, love"

Before standing up, I wipe the tears at the corners of my eyes and leisurely walk to the bathroom without looking at him but stop in my tracks when he utters "I have a surprise for you today" My back remains to him as he adds "and don't ask me what is it because I won't tell you"