CHAPTER 19

 As the days blend into weeks and the weeks stretch into months, we find ourselves journeying through the first semester, trying to adapt to varsity life

As the days blend into weeks and the weeks stretch into months, we find ourselves journeying through the first semester, trying to adapt to varsity life. But truth be told, this place is nothing as I imagined. I had hoped for an easy academic year, but the reality has been quite different. The constant stream of assignments has taken it upon itself to show us that this place can be even more challenging than high school.

Despite the workload being a bit tough to handle, having my friends around makes this experience really valuable. Cassy and I have changed a lot in just two months. It's like when we shared our pasts, all the worries disappeared. We've embraced each other and we're making beautiful unforgettable memories just like we envisioned.

Everything feels right. We're all so happy, and I couldn't have asked for more. This is exactly what I wished for everyone. Our relationships have grown, even Paul and Layla's. They're so close that it seems like they've known each other forever. But I guess that's what love does – when it's real, you just know.

The gentle chime of my phone resting on the study table interrupts the enchantment of my thoughts, prompting me to answer the message as I catch sight of Precious on the screen.

Precious: Love, you might have to start without me. My tut began a little later, so I might only be free in the next twenty minutes.

Precious: You'll have to fill me in on what I've missed when we get to the apartment.

A frown forms on my lips, and I begin typing a response.

Me: We could reschedule for tomorrow.

Precious: Layla was really looking forward to covering that section because she's been struggling with it. Could you help her out? We'll catch up on it together at home. Also, I'll be joining you guys soon, so I won't miss out on everything.

Me: alright, Precious. I will see you when you get here. Coffee date later?

Precious: YES, PLEASEEEE.