CHAPTER 10.

Slowly, my eyes open and they stay like that for a few minutes, scanning the room I'm now in

Slowly, my eyes open and they stay like that for a few minutes, scanning the room I'm now in. The last thing I remember is Dr. Martin telling me that the nurses will be prepping for surgery and the sound of Cassy's voice telling me that she loves me.

Cassy

Was she here or it was all just a dream...

My gaze moves back and forth between the drip and my left leg that's fully wrapped with bandages. I don't feel any pain just uncomfortableness.

Shoes squeak on the tile and a few seconds later, the nurse that was taking care of me yesterday, Janet walks into the room with a tray of food.

"Good morning" she sends a smile my way and places the tray of food on the overbed table "how are you feeling?"

"Good, better than yesterday" I look around the room, my eyes searching for my phone "where's my phone?"

"Your brother took it. He wanted to charge it for you. He must have forgotten to return it before leaving" she explains, checking the drip.

It's only a few minutes later when Dr. Martin joins us in the room "how's my favorite patient doing?"

"Better than yesterday," I tell him, attempting to sit up straight.

"You should take it easy. You need to keep your foot elevated" he says and Janet readjusts my pillow so that I'm slightly seated in a position that allows me to eat properly "the surgery was a success. However, you will need to use crutches for the next few weeks to not put pressure on your leg" Janet exits the room.

"Can I get discharged today?" I ask, shoving a spoon into the not-so-appetizing healthy food.

God, I hate hospital food

"You will need to spend a night or two for observation. Once I'm certain that your leg is healing well and able to walk in crutches then you will get discharged" he elucidates.

My lip curves into a smirk "don't worry, I'm a master of crutches" I quip remembering my first bike accident.

"I can tell by the way you are so nonchalant about the situation" he masks my smirk, walking to the door "I'll see you shortly," he tells me and exits the room.