CHAPTER 31.

'Slow Motion' by Trey Songz fills the air, and I catch Cassy's infectious excitement as she squeals, her hand reaching out for mine

'Slow Motion' by Trey Songz fills the air, and I catch Cassy's infectious excitement as she squeals, her hand reaching out for mine. "Dance with m..." she starts to say, but I'm already up on my feet, mirroring her enthusiasm, and guiding her to the dance floor, never taking my eyes off her.

Dancing has never been my favorite activity, not because I lack rhythm – I can keep a beat – but simply because it's not my thing. But for my girl, I'd dance with her for eternity just to keep the beautiful smile that's on her face.

The music wraps around us, pulsing with energy, drawing us deeper into its rhythm. With every step, I feel Cassy's passion, her movements a reflection of the song's seductive beat. Her movements possess an effortless grace, captivating me with every sway of her body.

As we move together, I can sense the intensity building between us, fueled by the alcohol and the undeniable chemistry we share. My hands explore her curves with a tender reverence, igniting sparks of desire with each touch. In her arms, I feel alive, consumed by a hunger that matches her own.

In this moment, she's the epitome of beauty, her gaze locking with mine in a silent exchange of desire. It's as if the world around us fades into insignificance, leaving only the pulsating energy of the music and the intoxicating allure of Cassy's presence.

But just as I lean in to kiss her,  a tap on Cassy's shoulder interrupts the moment, snapping us back to reality. Luna's presence serves as a reminder of the world beyond our bubble of intimacy and I curse under my breath. I have to muster all my self-control to refrain from asking her to leave our sight.

"Hey," Cassy acknowledges Luna's interruption.

"Eve went to the restroom five minutes ago and I am beginning to worry about her. I think you should go and check up on her and make sure that she's okay. I would but I know how much she doesn't like me so..."

"It's okay, I'll go. Thank you for letting me know" Cassy responds, stealing a brief kiss from my lips before heading to the restroom.

My gaze remains fixed on Cassy as she disappears into the restroom, her presence lingering in the air like a delicate whisper. But when Luna taps me on the shoulder, my attention is forcibly redirected, my eyes reluctantly shifting to her.