CHAPTER 24.

I stand before the mirror, my reflection staring back, a version of myself that feels almost otherworldly

I stand before the mirror, my reflection staring back, a version of myself that feels almost otherworldly. It isn't me; it can't be. Yet, the undeniable truth unfolds in the mirror, leaving me spellbound.

Eve used her makeup skills to make my face look elegant. She applied smoky eye makeup on my lids, a captivating mix of shades that make my blue eyes shimmer like a moonlit ocean. I blink, thinking the enchantment would fade, but it stays. A sophisticated ponytail, skillfully crafted by her nimble fingers, tumble down my back, the strands falling like cascading silk.

I run my fingers through it, marveling at the meticulous work that turned my hair into a work of art. The dress - though I've seen it before, right now it looks dreamier with everything combined, leaving me breathless. The slit dances daringly along my thigh, a subtle invitation to the sexual attention that will unfold between Blake and me throughout the night.

Stiletto heels, the kind that can conquer any runway, elevate me to a stature that command attention. I take a tentative step, finding an unfamiliar grace in my stride. The click-clack of the heels resonates with newfound confidence. I smile to myself, imagining Blake unable to resist but forced to maintain composure because of the event.

With a final, appreciative glance at the mirror, I straighten my posture, the woman in the mirror staring right back at me, the smile on her face growing.

"How do you feel?" Eve asks now standing next to me, looking stunning herself in her high-neck split sheath dress, stiletto heels, and accessorized updo.

"Beyond beautiful," I tell her, running a hand through my dress. "Thank you, babe."

"No need to thank me," she slightly nudges me "Now let's go before we get late." We hurry out of the room and make our way downstairs.

We enter the living room, the atmosphere shifting as a collective gaze descends upon us. A pair of unfamiliar blue eyes meet mine, capturing my attention in a moment of silent recognition. As I study the girl in the room, a peculiar sense of familiarity dawns upon me. Her resemblance to Eve is undeniable—blue eyes, blonde hair, and a petite frame. In this instant, she could easily pass as Eve's younger sister.