CHAPTER 6.

The engines start to roar followed by the wheels whirring on concrete

The engines start to roar followed by the wheels whirring on concrete. I watch out the window as the ground moves away, the plane lifting in the air and my thoughts sink back to my phone call with Jake after I read his messages.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Cassy are not on good terms?" I didn't get to respond because it was question after question "is that the reason why you left? Ray told me that you didn't even tell Cassy that you were leaving, is it true? What happened?" I remained quiet until he said, "does it have to do with the guy I overheard her telling Eve about"

"What guy?" I was fast to cut into his words. My mouth had gone hard "Jake?" when he continued to remain quiet, irritation surged up inside me and I rose to my feet from the bed "what guy?" I repeated, my muscles tense.

"Shit!" I heard him mutter under his breath "I thought you..."

"What guy?" I questioned growing impatient "start talking" I demanded and he blew out a breath "now!" with each passing second, I felt a rising in my chest.

"Look, I don't really know much...I just overheard her telling Eve that she didn't know how to tell you that she was with another guy at the club. I'm guessing it was the night they had a girl's night out" a boiling fury swelled inside of me.

"When was it?"

"The night you left"

"What else did you hear?" I went from calm to outraged in a second.

"That was it. My phone started ringing and disturbed their conversation" he stayed quiet for a moment then added "she's meeting up with him tomorrow" I could almost feel my blood boiling in my veins.

Trying to make me positive, he says "maybe there's an explanation for all this. It might not be anything. I mean she even slept in your room that night. I suggest that you talk to her"

"I have to go" I ended the call and tried to call Cassy multiple times but all my calls were unanswered.

I knew that the only way I could talk to her is if I returned to Melbourne, so I booked myself a late afternoon ticket. If it hadn't been for the fact that all morning flights were fully booked, I would have left moments after Jake broke the news to me.