CHAPTER 18

We make our way into the hallowed grounds of the University of Melbourne, the sun ascending over the horizon, radiating its golden hue upon the building

We make our way into the hallowed grounds of the University of Melbourne, the sun ascending over the horizon, radiating its golden hue upon the building. The sight before us is nothing short of awe-inspiring—an expansive campus sprawling with majestic edifices, embellished with intricate detailing that whisper stories of academic history.

The sheer magnitude of the institution is quite overwhelming, it's far beyond the purview of my imagination. Each building stands tall and proud, exuding an aura of wisdom and intellectual pursuit. Every corner emanates an air of sophistication, from the enthralling gardens breathing life into the surroundings to the serpentine corridors that assure adventures and discoveries yet to be revealed.

Students fill the corridors, their voices blending into a harmony of ideas, all of them ready to embark on a journey of exploration.

As I take a seat in my first lecture hall, I begin to take in the reality of the fact that this place is nothing like high school. Gone are the familiar hallways and the comforting routine of secondary education. I'm now immersed in a world brimming with academic rigor and limitless possibilities.

Unlike high school, the classes here demand higher critical thinking and independent exploration. Yet overwhelmed as I am, I'm also filled with a sense of anticipation and excitement because I know it's a stepping stone toward my self-discovery and personal growth.

A notification resonates from my laptop, and I swiftly retrieve my phone, reading the new message from Blake 

Love: I'm done with chemistry and now on my way to the math lecture hall <3

Me: See you just now ;)

When the class comes to an end, I gather my belongings, arrange them into my bag and prepare for my math class

I make my way into the sprawling math lecture hall, my eyes gravitating toward a familiar face. A surge of recognition courses through me when Layla's gaze meets mine, her hand extending in a friendly wave of acknowledgment. With a sense of excitement, I ascend the stairs and make my way to the top row, settling into the seat beside her