CHAPTER 3.

As the days drag, I can't help but notice how distant Blake has become

As the days drag, I can't help but notice how distant Blake has become. It's as if our conversation created a barrier between us instead of bringing us closer together. What pains me the most is that every time I ask him if everything is okay between us, he deflects the question, changing the topic. I just wish he would be honest with me and share what's weighing on his mind.

The growing distance between us is tearing me apart, and the constant questions swirling in my mind only add to my turmoil.

I'm baffled. On the day we opened up to each other, it felt as though our souls were woven as one in our emotional nakedness. But now, looking at us, it's as if that profound connection never existed.

I'm at a loss for what to do.

"What if he now sees you as damaged goods?" the nagging voice in my head that has tormented me for the past five days taunts me. I close my eyes briefly, my head throbbing with the weight of my negative thoughts.

"Stop it, Cass," I breathe out, struggling to push away the negative thoughts.

"Hey, babe," I'm jolted from my thoughts as Eve breezes into my room "Cassy! Why aren't you dressed?" She flings open my closet, rifling through my clothes "What do you want to wear?"

My silence prompts Eve to turn her head toward me, her eyes searching mine. She takes a seat beside me on the bed and places her hand over mine "Babe, what's wrong?" She speaks gently "Talk to me," she encourages.

I begin to speak, my gaze dropping to the floor "I think telling Blake the truth has changed his feelings for me," I confess, meeting her eyes again "Ever since our talk, he's been acting strangely and distancing himself"

Eve squeezes my hand "Maybe you should ask him what's bothering him"

"I have," I reply, my voice trembling "Many times. But he always insists that he's okay. I can tell he's not. I see it in the way he looks at me" Tears start to well up, and I continue, "What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if he sees me as damaged goods?" I bite my lip, struggling to hold back my tears.

Eve's arms open wide, offering me comfort, and I immediately enter her embrace "I regret opening up to him," I confess.

"Don't," she says, wiping away a tear from my eye "His love for you means nothing if he can't love you with all your scars" She draws back slightly to look at me "What happened to you doesn't define you, you hear me?" I rest my head on her shoulder again "If Blake can't love you with all your scars, then he doesn't deserve you"