"one"

❛ when you question god himself. ❜

𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐣𝐚𝐡 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢 𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲

𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐣𝐚𝐡 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐁𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐢 𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲. The year was 1114 A.D., and the Mikaelson family were on the run from their estranged father when they first met the redhead. Billie was arranged to marry the youngest kin of the Brotherhood of the Five due to her parent's inability to financially support herself and two younger siblings.

The girl was only seventeen and was beyond frightened when she was exchanged for land and had to leave her whole life behind her when she was promised love and wealth when all she got was the complete opposite.

The pale girl decided never to speak out about the ill-treatment. While her parents had thought that they'd done the best for their daughter, Billie was being beaten and treated like a slave every single day since being auctioned off to the hunters all those months before the Mikaelson family appeared.

But just as Billie was about to give up and accept her fate as all she would ever be was an abusive man's wife, her knight in shining armour saved her - and his name was Elijah Mikaelson. The first day he and his siblings arrived in Tuscany, Italy, Elijah saw the Billies soon to be husband for who he truly was, a killer. The family had stumbled upon the group of men who publicly executed vampires and had since taken refuge there to be protected from the people who wanted the originals dead.

As Elijah and his family settled into their new home, Billie watched from afar. Ever since the new arrivals, her fiancé had become extremely paranoid that the good-looking men would take away the young beauty who could charm anyone she met. But in his eyes, this meant that she had to be barricaded into her room twenty-four-seven until the siblings decided to move on.

Various men would visit Billie every day to beat and have their way with her. She had become a shell of the person she once was. That was until the day of the party and the dark-haired Mikaelson changed her life forever.

Just one look was all it took for Elijah to snap. He had been trying to stay calm and collected since arriving at the hunter's home to find out their secrets. Still, once he and his family were invited to their home for a celebration in which Billie had been let out for the first time since their arrival - he took a single glance at the broken girl, and he knew that he was going to save her.

That night changed the redhead's life for the better. For just under a year, she had been treated like scum, and when the choice of being turned into what her soon to be husband hated most in the world - she happily agreed and was quickly a vampire herself, thanks to Elijah.

After this encounter, every man who ever hurt the teenager was dead. The Mikaelson brother thought that would be the last he'd ever see of Billie. But as much as he tried to convince himself that she would be fine on her own, Elijah just couldn't leave her.

He seemed to have formed a bond with the young girl, and over the hundreds of years of travelling together, he finally realised he saw the redhead as a daughter. He promised that he would never let anything harm Billie, especially his younger brother Klaus who had a petty vendetta towards her for unknown reasons.

This now brings them back to the present moment and is why Elijah was booking two separate flights. Two to California and one to New Orleans a couple of hours afterwards. The change of scenery was to ensure that no one harmed his girl, especially his brother, who had gotten himself into trouble yet again. But unknown to the older vampire was that where they were headed - was a lot more troublesome than Klaus ever was.

o. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲.