"eight"

❛ pack mentality. ❜

"𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐤𝐢!" The awkward boy screamed slightly at the sudden voice that came from behind him, but he soon recovered when he noticed that it was only Billie now sitting next to him in the canteen

The redhead had been slightly clingy towards the two best friends ever since Derek Hale got released from jail and Elijah's death threat towards the werewolf. But Stiles didn't mind in the slightest that he was getting attention from a hot girl, and the fact that he enjoyed Billie's sarcastic and mean personality was a bonus.

Once the girl was comfortable sitting next to the human, she quickly stole a fry from his plate and finally questioned the boy on what she had wanted to ask him since she got to school that morning and saw a somewhat erratic looking Scott.

"So why is the puppy dog freaking out?" She urged as she hoped he hadn't done anything stupid over the weekend since she promised Elijah that he wouldn't do anything that would out the supernatural world.

However, it seemed like the universe was not on Billie's side as Stiles quickly explained that Scott had a 'dream' that he had killed someone on a school bus that he now didn't think was a dream as someone had actually been attacked late last night.

"Maybe he is better off dead," The redhead mumbled under her breath as she thought over why the boy would've killed someone at school. Luckily no one had heard the girl's comment as Scott soon came slumping over and unhappily sat down opposite the two with his lunch in front of him.

"I can't go out with Allison now. I have to cancel." The werewolf huffed out when Billie gave him a questioning look as to why he was pouting yet again. Thankfully, the vampire soon spotted Lydia from across the room and waved her over as she didn't want to talk about the Argent teen, especially when she was still willingly planning her and her families death. The strawberry blonde teen happily strutted over to her friend but along with her came her 'popular' friends, which both Scott and Stiles were utterly astounded by as the two weren't the most noticeable of teens.

"So I hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack, probably a cougar." Danny suddenly spoke up once the awkwardness between the table became too much.

"I heard mountain lion."

"A cougar is a mountain lion." Lydia snapped at her boyfriend before realising what she had done and then following it with a quieter 'Isn't it?'. The conversation soon changed though to the victim itself, and unfortunately for Billie, Scott knew the man who was now in a critical condition which wasn't helping her with the whole 'keep Scott alive' mission.

Luckily, the discussion changed yet again, but this time to what the two couples were now doing on their 'double date', Billie blocked it out entirely as she wasn't interested in anything that involved the hunter who had just joined them.

It seemed like Stiles could sense the girl's immense irritation towards the brunette who sat opposite her as he quickly grabbed the bottle of water she held extremely tightly onto as he knew the redhead didn't have the best temper, and he worried that she might break the plastic in two. Billie was grateful she had a friend like the Stilinski boy. Even though he was remarkably awkward and had an extremely erratic mind, he calmed the girl's vampire urges tremendously, which reminded her of her old friend Kol very much.

The thought of her favourite uncle made the vampire's mood change from unreasonable anger to extreme sadness as even though the girl had been alive for over one thousand years, she had experienced many tragic events to cause her to be slightly unstable when it came to her emotions.

This made the girl, for the first time in a long time, extremely quiet. She was never good being left alone with her thoughts, and as this had been the longest she had been around humans, she began to feel slightly less of a heartless vampire. Drinking blood bags and not having killed anyone in a few days had also put a drain on the girl she wasn't sure she liked or not, but luckily, once the end of the school day rolled around, Stiles dragged the girl back to his house before she could dwell on her emotional changes too much.

This was currently why the redhead was lying upside down on the teen boys messy bed while she watched Stiles play video games. It wasn't as thrilling as she was used to, but she weirdly enjoyed the awkward boy's company, so she didn't complain. What made her stop from watching the animated characters was when Stiles suddenly paused the game and swivelled around in his desk chair to face her.

"Why don't you like Allison?" He blurted out, which ultimately shocked the redhead as she wasn't aware of people knowing of her dispute towards the Argent teen.

"I mean, it's just that every time you look at her, it looks like you want to rip her to shreds."

Billie shook her head slightly at the boys uncomfortable babbling and quickly sat herself up to face him. She promptly discarded telling him the real reason why she despised the brunette girl and instead - in her still slightly emotional state - decided to say to him the other half of the reason for plotting the hunter's death.

"Have you ever been in love?" Billie questioned the Stilinski boy quietly. Of course, she knew all about his crush on Lydia, but she knew that wasn't true love like she had felt before, and it showed when he slowly shook his head.

"Being in love when you young can be an amazing thing. But it can also be the death of someone, something which I had to find out the hard way when I also fell in love with a werewolf - just as Allison has."

Stiles was hooked on Billie's every word, and he had noticed a while ago that the girl's eyes had glazed over slightly, but he was too intrigued with the redhead sharing her personal life to try and comfort her in any way.

"His name was Tyler Lockwood. I met him in Portland, Oregon, a few years ago," Billie almost whispered out, which she followed with a kind smile that only she could see.

"He understood me; he knew what it was like to be different, to be hated for something he couldn't control. He understood the pain of isolation... I, I loved him,"

"But it doesn't matter anymore. He's gone because I fell in love with a werewolf. Niklaus made sure of that,"

The last sentence was just above a whisper, but Stiles managed to catch the name he had no recognition of. And just as he was about to speak up, Billie quickly snapped her eyes away and got rid of the few lone tears which had fallen down her face.

"So that is why I'm not particularly fond of Allison. You can't fall in love with a werewolf because it will always, and I mean always, will end in disaster - So I'll be dammed if I let the same happen to Scott."

o. 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬.