"twelve"

❛ the tell. ❜

"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞." Jackson murmured as his girlfriend and Billie took yet another selfie from where they sat in the diner's booth. After the vampire's previous eventful night, the two had decided that they would go out and spend some quality time together.

However, once Jackson walked out behind Lydia, the other redhead groaned in her seat. Luckily, the Martin girl was pretty focused on the time she spent with Billie, and this was currently why the duo was slightly ignoring the boy while drinking their matching strawberry milkshakes.

"So, who are you going to the formal with?" Lydia questioned once she had ignored her boyfriend's comment and put her phone back in her purse.

"I don't date." Billie bluntly stated before going back to sipping on her drink. This made the strawberry blonde girl sigh in slight annoyance as she had already picked out the other girls' dress for the event that was in a few weeks.

Just as Lydia was about to beg the girl to go with one of Jackson's lacrosse friends, her boyfriend beat her to it, but instead of trying to set her up, the teen decided to annoy the girl he hadn't got to know very well yet.

"Awh, did somebody break little Bill's heart?"

Flashbacks of her summer with Tyler Lockwood drifted into the girl's mind. The way his rough hands felt against hers, the way he could make her laugh until she was crying. But it was the way that they truly loved each other at only eighteen was the thing that stuck out in the girl's mind. After the terrible night that she lost him to the hands of Klaus, Billie promised herself that she would never date again, and even if it had only been a few years since the boy left - she had stuck to that promise.

It seemed like the couple who sat with the vampire noticed the lack of talking she now did, as Lydia quickly placed down a few dollars to pay for their milkshakes and soon began to drag the girl into the parking lot, exclaiming that they were going to watch a movie at the Martin residence.

Billie was glad she didn't have to explain her first and only heartbreak to her new friends, but what slightly confused her was when she noticed Jackson hadn't moved from where he sat. The boy was touching his neck in what seemed like pain, but as the redhead knew the boy was very arrogant, she just assumed that his arm being positioned upwards was him trying to show off his physique.

"Jackson, are you going to join us or do you have plans to ogle your muscles for the rest of the night." Billie sassed, seeming to break the teen out of his confused state and drive the girls to the nearest entertainment store.

Once both girls had decided on a romantic, Billie only laughed when she heard the two have a slight domestic about their movie choice. But unfortunately, this now meant that the vampire had to join the boy in renting the film as Lydia didn't trust him to get the right one.

"Can somebody help me find the Notebook?" Jackson shouted into the store once a few minutes had passed of the two wandering around the suspiciously quiet and empty store. It was only when the redhead had walked around the corner of an aisle that she smelt it - the blood.

The stench invaded her nose, and she soon cursed herself for not taking the blood bag Elijah had offered her that morning as she was now craving the liquid tremendously.

But instead of fulfilling this hunger, Billie decided to play dumb to the odour that overran her senses, as once Jackson had made his way beside her, she couldn't show any of her enhanced supernatural abilities to the human. It was when a sudden crash was heard from behind them that the vampire spotted where the blood was coming from.

Laying just behind one of the racks of movies was who Billie assumed was one of the store's employees. The girl didn't get a good look at the man; however, when she began to take a step forward, she was flung against the wall harshly. Billie took a few seconds to recover from the attack, and once her eyes adjusted again, she saw the large angry alpha standing over Jackson.

The vampire quickly got up from where she stood but was again knocked over by an unknown source from just behind her. She felt claws sink into her shoulder from where she now lay face down on the floor, and for a split second, she swore she could recognise the smell that suddenly drifted around her as her attacker stood above her.

However, before she could turn around to see what or who had a hold on her, the alpha quickly left Jackson alone and smashed the store's window as he departed - bringing the mysterious attacker with him. Billie huffed in annoyance as she stood up from the now glass-covered floor.

This meant that the alpha wasn't working alone, making the whole werewolf ordeal even more complicated. But before the redhead could figure out what was going on, she had to deal with the angry jock and his traumatised girlfriend as the paramedics and police had gotten to the store relatively quickly.

Lydia and Billie now sat in the back of an ambulance holding each other. Even though the vampire wasn't shaken up in the slightest, when the girl beside her quickly grabbed onto her arm, she gladly pulled her into her body.

The trio had been asked question after question about the incident that no one saw, which quickly frustrated Jackson and once Sheriff Stilinski had come over, he began to yell.

"Okay, now I wanna go home!" The teen shouted as he got up in the older man's face. Billie only rolled her eyes slightly at the boy's dramatic scene but soon stopped when she remembered that he was only a human.

And talking of humans, once the lacrosse player had finished screaming, was when Billie noticed Stiles standing to her side, staring intently at the other redhead. It was only when the vampire quickly pecked Lydia on the head in farewell that he noticed his friend.

Due to Billie lying massively to the cops when they asked her what had happened, she was able to leave whenever. The cuts on her shoulder had already healed, and even though she was reluctant to leave a traumatised Lydia alone, she knew that she had to speak to the Stilinski boy.

Once the girl was behind the police tape, she quickly dragged the teen over to where no one could hear them; she explained everything that she had seen, including the creature that had tackled her, who she referred to as the 'alphas little bitch'.

As Stiles went to speak to ask the girl if she was okay, Billie suddenly noticed something that she had to take a second look at, but once she realised her eyes hadn't deceived her. She wished she hadn't looked. Stood just behind one of the cop cars that surrounded her was Elijah.

But he wasn't alone. The blonde vampire the teen saw as a best friend stood beside him. And if Billie knew anyone who could take her down as quickly as the attacker did in the store - it was Rebekah Mikaelson.

o. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥.